Directory Folders Arbitrarily Closing

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Benvee

Directory Folders Arbitrarily Closing

Post by Benvee »

I believe I am using the latest official MM5 release (2690).

I receive files from artists and publicists and my internet radio station which I place in a directory E: /DL Music. Each album from a group is listed under this directory as E: /DL Music/artist album/song files in mp3 format. I update the meta, rate, and decide which songs will make it onto a playlist in this method. Once done, I then move the updated directory folder to E;/Music/Genre/Artist Name.

Now when I open an artist album directory and attempt to rate it, update the meta, etc..., MM5 will close the directory within 10 seconds or and move the mouse cursor to the album folder directly above the one I am working on. If I am working on the first album in the directory, it will move up and put the cursor on E;/DL Music. I am reopening the actual album directory constantly to deal with individual song files. To say it is frustrating is an understatement.

Note that while the mouse and the directory closes arbitrarily in the manner described, the actual song file playing in MM5 in the selected file directory is not affected.
Lowlander

Re: Directory Folders Arbitrarily Closing

Post by Lowlander »

Which exact node in the Media Tree are you experiencing this in?
Benvee

Post by Benvee »

Not sure what you mean by node. I am in the "Folders" tree on the left side of the MM UI if that helps.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This was an issue many versions ago, but I can't reproduce in the Folders node. Are there any folders being created outside of MediaMonkey when this occurs?

Please capture this behavior in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.