Unexpected behavior with in-list search

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MPG

Unexpected behavior with in-list search

Post by MPG »

Have three tabs open.
First One to a playlist,
Create a second tab which will load the playlist then do a search for some artist
Do the same on the third tab and do an different artist search.

Now click on the second tab and do an in-list search (just start typing to highlight a row). Now, click on the first tab, then click back on the second tab. It always reloads the playlist from the first tab.

Reset the second tab and redo your artist search and in-list search.
Now click on the third tab and click back to the second tab. Sometime the third tab reverts back to the playlist. Sometimes it keeps the search. When I click back, the inline search is always gone. Sometimes the second tab reverts back to the playlist and I have to reset it.

Anyone else encountering this odd behavior? If so, can it be fixed?
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
Lowlander

Re: Unexpected behavior with in-list search

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey?
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

I just encountered similar sort reversion behaviour in playlists (different use case) and discovered (via a different forum post) that I had to click on the save icon (square floppy disk icon) above the top right of the playlist list to force the playlist to remember an altered order. Not sure if this solves your problem but it might help.
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
MPG

Post by MPG »

MMW: 5.0.4.2690 on a Win10 desktop
TIA
MPG
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are the searches Contextual Search or a global search? If Contextual are you filtering or scrolling to matches?
MPG

Post by MPG »

When setting up the tabs, they are global searches. When doing the searches within the tabs they are contextual. The contextual searches are scrolling.
TIA
MPG
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643 (a screencast may also help).

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
MPG

Post by MPG »

Hi Lowlander,
Due to the complexity of my setup, I really don't want to install a debug version of the software. Same as I don't install beta releases.

The steps provided should provide sufficient information. If not, they can contact me and I'd be happy to walk them through it step by step.
TIA
MPG
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Debug version is the same as the regular version and installs right on top. No settings are changed when doing this.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

I was trying to duplicate your steps.

When you open your second tab with the playlist in it, and then perform a global search for the artist, this tab now contains tracks from your entire library matching that search, correct?

When you now open a third tab, it duplicates the second tab, correct? Perform another global search for an artist searches entire library.

Go back and do context scrolling search in second tab, which would highlight within the previous search it contained.

Select first tab, and then reselect the second tab, it now contains the unsearched playlist copied from the first tab, as you describe.

So, I think I have duplicated it. But I don't work here, so we'll see what they say.

ps I have run many different debug builds with no issues whatsoever, even installed back and forth older build over newer - in case you find that reassuring.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
MPG

Post by MPG »

Comment 1: Correct
Comment 2: Correct
Comment 3: Correct
Comment 4: Correct

You are fully able to recreate the unexpected behavior. Which is good news as I was worried it was related to my set up. I may install the debug version...I've done it in the past, it's just a pain as I have customized a couple of their default scripts to meet my needs.
TIA
MPG