5.0.4.2690 annoying changes

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

5.0.4.2690 annoying changes

Post by terryo »

When I loaded MM 5.0.4.2690 all my custom tags under Custom were renamed. Custom 1 used to be Keywords. Custom 2 used to be Notes. This is disturbing because with 271,000 tracks, I have no way of knowing if my work has been changed. I'm hoping the contents are intact because there's a lot of work stored there.

And it has been so long since I renamed these fields I had to hunt around to find it. Maybe if Options> Fields was labeled Options>ID3 Tag Fields or something a big more revealing.

MM5.0.4.2690 changed my Search Options by checking all the Custom boxes, as well as Actor, Producer, Occasion and Quality. This screwed me up for a while because a few labels put data that shows up in some of those fields.

It would be nice if upgrades did not change user configurations without notification.

MM5.0.4.2690 lost my audio via a Motu M2. I had to reinstall it to get MM5 to play music.

I am grateful you fixed the bug that made MM5 constantly replay the last track selected within MM whenever I clicked on a track in Windows Explorer. That was really annoying.
Lowlander

Re: 5.0.4.2690 annoying changes

Post by Lowlander »

Did you install it on top of an existing installation? This naming is tied to the installation (it isn't saved in the files tags).
terryo

Post by terryo »

I installed as an upgrade, over the previously existing version.

Another new bug is locking up hard every few days, almost always when I am multitasking. Tasks like leveling volumes on a clump of tracks then trying to change properties. I have not found a pattern that triggers this reliably otherwise I'd send a debug log.

It locks up so hard anything else I open, like Windows Explorer, is stuck behind the last MM dialog box and cannot be brought to the front. The only way out so far is to kill MM via Task Manager.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Custom tag names should not be lost on upgrade and weren't in testing so far.

Please capture the lockups in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643 You can leave DebugView running for prolonged periods, but it would be helpful if you save the log soon after the lockup.

This will help a developer analyze why the lockups happen on your system.
terryo

Post by terryo »

Custom tag names were lost. Fortunately all the information in the custom tags appears to have been retained under the original default Custom x name.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, the naming of custom fields is local to the installation. The data itself is saved to the tags with standard custom naming.