MMA 2 Beta builds / Play Store Approval Status

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

MMA 2 Beta builds / Play Store Approval Status

Post by rusty »

Hi,

We're happy to announce the start of MMA 2.0 beta testing! Some of the most significant changes are:

New:
- UI/navigation/configuration
- Optimized to different screen sizes
- Basic skinning
- Improved Classical music support
- Streamlined playlist creation
- Display stats / playlist time
- UPnP: manually add server
- Sync configuration / management / reliability
- Genre sync

Fixed:
- multi-select checkboxes
- non-latin characters support
- continuous seeking
- show currently playing track in Now Playing
- UPnP: Artist not shown
- UPnP: Sort order

Under the hood:
- Compatibility with the latest Android technologies/SDK for Android 13

Although it's a beta, we've been using it as our daily drivers for some time. So it's fairly stable, though it may experience issues on some devices / environments that we haven't tested. So if you're still interested, please give it a try and let us know what you think.

If you're already registered for MMA betas, it'll automatically download from the Play store. If not, please register for beta updates.

Feel free to share general feedback in this thread. But for any specific new bug reports / new feature requests, please start a new thread. Looking forward to your feedback!

Wishing Happy Holidays to all!

-The MediaMonkey Team
Jurg

Re: MMA 2 Beta builds are available for testing!

Post by Jurg »

Good to see this appear on my Play Store this morning. I haven't had time for a proper play with it yet, but could you please give some info about any improvements over MMA1 that we should look out for?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Like with MM5 against MM4 it is major update where we tried too keep all the good aspects of MMA 1.x, but improve parts that were not used or users complained about. Currently it is essential that any Beta user give us as much as details on downsides of our vision so that it can be improved over the course of Beta.

I am so happy to see it available as I was using it extensively for past year and in increased testing for past two.

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Jurg,

I've updated the original post to include a summary of changes in MMA 2. There's been a lot of under-the-hood work, and with those changes, MMA 2 is well-positioned for future feature-enhancements.

Looking forward to your feedback!

-Rusty
Jurg

Post by Jurg »

First impressions:

Syncing seems more straightforward and slightly quicker.

Volume levelling never seemed to work in MMA1, but I *think* it does in MMA2.

Custom track start and end times never worked for me in MMA1, and still don't work in MMA2.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Simple question: How do I sort albums by release year to have a list of albums by year?
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Great to see the new version at last, looks a whole lot better and more modern!

Couple of quick questions that I was used to with the old version:

1) Is there any way to get the Cast button to appear without having to start playing a track first?
2) Any way to add the Sync button to the available buttons on the home screen like in the old version? To be honest I get rid of most buttons on my home screen for simplicity and used to just keep Playlists/Albums/Artist/Sync as I don't really use much else within the app.

Will have a play around but all looks good, well done!
rusty

Post by rusty »

How do I sort albums by release year to have a list of albums by year?
Sorting isn't implemented yet. We're planning on adding it to 2.0.1 (our focus for the next few weeks is on fixing bugs). Hopefully you can wait a bit longer for that.
1) Is there any way to get the Cast button to appear without having to start playing a track first?
Navigate to the 'Playing' screen. You can enable casting even if nothing is playing.
Any way to add the Sync button to the available buttons on the home screen like in the old version?

Not atm. But you can click the hamburger menu, and then click the sync button. Isn't that sufficient (since 'Sync' isn't as common an activity as track navigation)?

-Rusty
doney6012

Post by doney6012 »

Thanks for the massive update guys. I've been using it today and it's mostly working well, I was hesitant as to how it would perform on Android Auto, but it worked flawlessly on AA.

The only real issue I'm having is it's slower to load album art and transition from one screen to another compared to MMA 1.X . (Nokia X20 with Android 13, music files on SD card)
I'm yet to sync it with MMW5 yet, but I'll no doubt do that in the coming days.

I've asked about this before, but might again:
Could the toggle for volume levelling be made available on the Playing screen (alongside the shuffle and repeat toggles)? I toggle it regularly, depending on whether I'm shuffling playlists (On, to account for volume changes) or playing an album in full (Off, to allow the intended flow of the album). So it would be handy to have it on the playing screen instead of having to dig for it in the settings.

Again, thanks guys for all your hard work, and for allowing us to have access to this. It looks tops, and feels a lot like the desktop program.

If I come across any others issues, or situations I'll let you know.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback. Just a reminder: keep the comments in this thread general. If you have specific bugs/suggestions report them in a separate thread so that it's easier to track.

Thanks!

-Rusty
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

Amazing, finally, thanks!
Merry Christmas!
Claude
dkstott

Post by dkstott »

This is amazing

Day 3 of shuffling my huge library of music without a single repeat. Fingers crossed that this continues.

Great work. Have a wonderful holiday.

Dave
BenRad

Post by BenRad »

:D looks amazing, long time coming!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thank you all, I really hope it was worth to wait. I know how many times I wanted to publish info about MMA 2.0 and how I enjoy it for quite some time, but only be able to tell you that it is already fixed in MMA 2 :(

Happy holidays and Happy Monkeying!!!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

Great job done! It looks good and I like the improvements, no serious issue discovered so far.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156