Again, Casting only one Song (Teufel Raumfeld) [#19951]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Kap1A

Again, Casting only one Song (Teufel Raumfeld) [#19951]

Post by Kap1A »

I have again the same problem under MMA2 that now MMA does no casting to my teufel Speakers (the Teufel software does). No casting means sometimes no way or at maximum one song.

It is the same whether I have switched to gapless or none. :(
Last edited by Kap1A on Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMA 2.0.0.1171 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Lowlander

Re: Again, Casting only one Song

Post by Lowlander »

Please send a debug log from Settings > Help after casting fails and reply here with the logID.
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

The next time I will send a log. But I found another strange thing. While MMA2 cast from the Orbsmart to the teufel speakers, I use the original teufel app on another mobile phone in the room where the speakers are to display the song info and cover, as the teufel speakers have no display.

When MMA2 stops casting one song, the teufel app shows another song as the last played. Can press backward in the app and THIS displayed song starts from the beginning.

Then MMA2 continues to cast to the speaker :o :o
MMA 2.0.0.1171 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you avoid using double apps, it is possible that MMA stream is interrupted by other apps accessing speakers, also check APP info for allowing started in background. Also as soon as MMA stops playback please Send us debug log and write log ID here before you send it.

FYI: I wonder is Orbsmart S86 pro starting MMA in TV mode? You would need to sideload it if play store is Android TV based, but it should show in TV APP list (it shows for me on Nexus player).

Additionally once MMA starts to play again send us debug log again to analyze what instructed MMA to continue playback.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Streaming is still quite new for me. But what I understand so far is that the teufel speaker need the teufel raumfeld app for functionality. Otherwise they won't work. Even if the app isn't started, it work's in the background. If I don't install the Raumfeld the speakers won't work. They must be installed in the home network via the app.

MMA2 shows under Media Servers the teufel server as Raumfeld MediaServer and the IP adress.

As I have no display in the speakers, I listen blind, as I couldn't use MMA2 as a remote, or am I wrong?

For clarification: the orbsmart is in the living room and shows MMA2 on the smart TV. The music is on a SDcard in the Orbsmart.

If I like to listen to the music upstairs, there are two teufel speaker in different rooms. They won't work without the teufel app and I only start the app only for track titles and cover or volume.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not or only one track.

So Logs will follow the next time...
Last edited by Kap1A on Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Peke wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:39 pm
FYI: I wonder is Orbsmart S86 pro starting MMA in TV mode?
I have never done something with TV mode. I use the Orbsmart like every android device without any sideload... Is there something special with this TV mode?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes, UI should be optimized for TV Screen and you can navigate using D-Pad on remote.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

So here is the log Y93H2F93I7

MMA2 stops after casting 2 songs or so (I wasn't in the room).

But the display in MMA2 was still running. As I switched back in MMA2 to menu the track time then also stopped and the track time shows 10:24 min (this is way to long for this track). It seems that MMA2 didn't catch the end of the last song when casting stops?
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Tried again, next log 3AIIHKWY5H

2tracks were played (last one was Simple Minds - Waterfront). Then casting stops and MMA2 is showing the next track (Yello - The Race) and stops with rest time - 0:01.
If I rhen start play with skipping to the next track it works now for 3 tracks. And... stopped again :(
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for the logs. Can you clarify for me the exact scenario you're testing? (I've looked through the thread and although I see various devices mentioned, I'm not totally clear as to how they're being used).

i.e. are you casting directly from MMA --> Teufel speaker over DLNA ? OR are you using MMA to play content from an Orbsmart device and casting to the Teufel speaker in MMA. Or some other scenario?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

There are two scenarios in which I use MMA2. 1.On the Orbsmart is MMA2 installed and on SD card (in the Orbsmart) the whole music library. The Orbsmart is connected via hdmi to an audio/video receiver. So I can listen to the music and manage MMA2 via TV display in our living room. That works perfect.

2. I had to install the teufel raumfeld app, otherwise the teufel speakers won't work (see other postings). But the raumfeld app can only stream to the speakers. It cannot play music from the Orbsmart via the amp as it is only for streaming to the teufel speakers.

As I'm using MMA and MMW4 for years I don't want to change and it is not a good option to use two apps for the same thing. The other thing is, the Raumfeld app isn't able to read the genres of the MM library. So I tried the casting function of MMA/MMA2. When I click the casting button I see the two teufel speakers wit their two IP adresses. I chose one, et voilà it plays the music (for some tracks).

But in this case, I can't remote control the speakers and have no title / cover display. (only in the living room via TV display, which is inconvenient when I'm upstairs in the other rooms.

Therefore I use The raumfeld app which shows the actually played track (by MMA2) and I can change the volume and click
pause or start the actual track again. If I would do this also via MMA2 it would be great but I think, that's not possible. And MMA2 also stops casting when I don't use the Raumfeld app6on the old mobile

The Raumfeld app is installed on an old mobile for the remote functionality and for "seeing" this mobile in my home network. The Raumfeld app is also installed on the orbsmart of the same reason. :-?
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

In addition to my last posting another information. When I click the casting button in MMA2 the speakers and the rooms are listed separately.

2 rooms and the 2 speakers = 4 entries. If I choose one of the rooms MMA2 streams to the speaker in that room (between 1 or 3 tracks then stops).

If I choose the speaker directly, MMA2 skips the time back and for 1 or 2 seconds again (only in the display) if the song is played over the speaker it is played normally but stops after this one.

Yesterday I streamed over the whole day with the raumfeld app without any break.

Today, tried MMA2 the same but after 3 tracks MMA2 stops again.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for all the details. We're getting a better understanding of the issue, but because it's specific to the Teufel-Raumfeld DLNA implementation, we're going to look into this post 2.0 when we investigate similar issues with Sonos.

-Rusty
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

I know you are busy with the system optimization, but here's another log to the casting problem:

Log G767Z85FDY

I had updated to MMA2... 60 and it worked this whole afternoon for many tracks (and I didn't opened the Raumfeld app) , then it stopped again.

Maybe this helps for further investigation.
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Ok, you must have changed something with the last two updates.

So with 061 it still can cast for hours then it stops suddenly.

But the great change is now, that I no longer can control the speaker volume with the Raumfeld app nor the buttons on the speaker when I cast via MMA2 :o