Again, Casting only one Song (Teufel Raumfeld) [#19951]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Re: Again, Casting only one Song

Post by rusty »

There were a number of playback issues fixed in build 1061 and that may have affected things. If you're playing over UPnP do the MMA volume controls work to adjust the speaker volume?

-Rusty
Kap1A

Re: Again, Casting only one Song

Post by Kap1A »

Yes, but it's uncomfortable, because the speakers are upstairs in the other rooms and MMA is in the living room. So this way it's I uncomfortable to control the speaker volume. Also the volume control in MMA has no scale. The raumfeld app has numbers for scaling, this is a bit easier to find the right volume.

The last one who was listening over the Raumfeld app and Spotify via her phone the day before was my daughter before I tested the casting again. So it was pretty much too loud when I started the next time via MMA. And then it took me one track with this volume up to find out, that the speakers buttons nor the Raumfeld app wouldn't work this way no more :-? :roll: .
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Kap1A

Re: Again, Casting only one Song (Teufel Raumsfeld)

Post by Kap1A »

I've tested now MMA2 (vers. 1074) on a new Moto E22 and it works well instead of the casting. Sometimes suddenly MMA2 still stops casting without a reason. Also the displayed time of the played track has stopped some minutes ago. So I had to restart with the traxk forward button. Then casting continued. But still often I have to stop casting and have to press the casting button again.
On the moto E22, there isn't a version of the raumfeld app installed. Despite of this MMA2 sees the speaker in the casting list.
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please try to disable Screen off on E22 and check both MMA and MMA PRO permissions and if both are allowed to play in background?

@Kap1A When Playback stops does raumfeld goes to standby? This behavior is consistent on devices that goes to power save mode after few minutes. If it was 30-60 min in playback then it point to bug in MMA, but when it stops after finishing track playback then it is suspicious.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

I will test this, but it takes a bit of time as I'm actually in vacation. :)
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

On the moto E22 isn't the raumfeld app installed and MMA2 and pro is allowed to work in the background.

On the Orbsmart, the same instead there's no screen off used (it is always on as it works with the TV as the screen). On the Orbsmart I only opened MMA2 (not the raumfeld app, as I told before the raumfeld app is nearly used for Speaker updated and or control, so I renounced it the last times).

On the Orbsmart audio transition is none, on the Moto E22 gapless.
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

What maybe also fyi.the music library is installed on the SD card in the orbsmart and also on the SD card in the Moto E22. So I can use the orbsmart or the Moto E22 for casting.
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Right in the middle of a track casting stops and kicked out the connection to the speaker. This happened on the Moto E22.

I had to start via the casting button again.
Log KJXW5IHISI

after this,casting worked for 2 more tracks then stopped again, but without quitting casting, I only had to start the next track with the forward button. Then stopped again.

Fyi, I mostly listen to the whole library in random mode. But it has also quit casting when listening in track by track sorting.

Made another log after stopping again BUFKMIJ1N2
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

New day, made a new log after casting stops after one track again, may this helps in solving the casting problem.

QWUG7FJPR5
rusty

Post by rusty »

Re. casting stopping: thanks for the logs--we're looking into it at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19951

Re. the loss of button control with recent builds I suspect that this will be fixed by https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19933 in the next build.

Thanks!

-Rusty
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

I've seen some mysterious things with the update 1076.

Sometimes, when casting stops, the time bar is running from left to right very fast (like a status bar in Windows when loading a program) :o

But it was also when the actual track was still playing). After this track, then casting stops. Or time bar shows no time again. :o

This happened on both (Moto e22 and Orbsmart).
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks! I've seen something similar when editing tracks, but not during casting. Can you share a log ID for when this occurs?

-Rusty
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Here are the logs:

1NSPZGAAXI
QM56H7X3KE

There is no countdown when rushes from left to right. But when I klick everywhere on the timeline, then it shows the right time and starts to count normally.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks! We'll look into this.

Tracking at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19951

-Rusty
Kap1A

Re: Again, Casting only one Song (Teufel Raumsfeld) [#19951]

Post by Kap1A »

The casting problem to the teufel speakers still exists.

The last time I've tested this, MMA2 even stopped while the first track was playing. :o

This was enough for me. :(

I switched now to Bluetooth and that seems to be more stable but less comfortable. But it's the only way at the moment to listen to the music via MMA2 and the teufel speaker. :-?