Wifi sync fails Debug log VH7MN16IZ2 [#19687]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

TroubleClef

Wifi sync fails Debug log VH7MN16IZ2 [#19687]

Post by TroubleClef »

Debug log VH7MN16IZ2 MMA 2.0.0.1057

I am trying to wifi sync a playlist with 1000's of songs. With each sync attempt, MMA goes through the preparation step by rolling through every track which takes several minutes, then starts downloading. Sometimes it only downloads a track or two, sometimes 100+. Then it terminates and says "Server Not Responding"
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
rusty

Re: Wifi sync fails Debug log VH7MN16IZ2

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the report! It sounds like https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19687

Can you confirm what version of MediaMonkey for Windows you're using?

-Rusty
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

rusty wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:42 pm Thanks for the report! It sounds like https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19687

Can you confirm what version of MediaMonkey for Windows you're using?

-Rusty
Thanks. I am using MMW4 as in that previous case, but my situation isn't associated with deleting files and I don't think it always crashes at the same file. The crash point is different with each sync.

Hope that helps
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Still having wifi sync "crash" with the latest update. It's interesting the failure happens sometime after the downloading starts. It gets the through all the initial stages of the sync and even starts the downloads but eventually fails after that.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Using version 1060 now and the same sync issues persist. Are the new builds attempting to address this yet?

A few other things I dont understand about the issue:

1) When the sync terminates it tells me the number of tracks it downloaded, but when I go to the playlist tab the total number of tracks hasn't changed. I know it is downloading data though because I can see that the amount data in my sd card has increased by several GB since I've been attempting sync's.

2) before the sync starts it shows the last sync was over a year ago. it doesn't register any of the recent syncs.

3) Each time I attempt to sync I have to go through the sync wizard before the sync button is finally activated to allow me to begin the process.
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

1) Playlists are updated after all tracks are downloaded from the playlist.
2) Timestamp is saved only when sync is successful
3) Sync wizard should appear only for first time(Do you launch it from Hamburger menu/Sync ?)
You have two storages on device, so you are prompt to choose storage to sync, but you can skip this step by switch with text "Skip this step next time"

Sync fails due to Timeout exception during downloading Benny Carter-Another Time,Another Place.
Is this track playable on MMW side? Does MMA download this track on the next sync or fail again on the same track?
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

martin.bohac wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:34 am 1) Playlists are updated after all tracks are downloaded from the playlist.
2) Timestamp is saved only when sync is successful
3) Sync wizard should appear only for first time(Do you launch it from Hamburger menu/Sync ?)
You have two storages on device, so you are prompt to choose storage to sync, but you can skip this step by switch with text "Skip this step next time"

Sync fails due to Timeout exception during downloading Benny Carter-Another Time,Another Place.
Is this track playable on MMW side? Does MMA download this track on the next sync or fail again on the same track?
Thank you.

1) Not sure I understand, but OK. The total number of tracks must be increasing based on the sync download confirmation and device storage increases.
3) Yes I access via the Hamburger menu. Now I see the "skip" option. Will try that for next time and see how it works.

Benny Carter-Another Time,Another Place - I actually have that song on two different Benny Carter albums, but they both exist in MMA and are playable. They are playable in MMW as well. The fail may have just happened to stop there the time I sent the bug log, and have since downloaded upon further sync attempts. As I mentioned, each sync it downloads different number of songs and I believe it does not terminate at the same song each time.

Should I should I Sync again and create new bug log after it fails again?
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
The issue should be fixed in 2.0.0.1061. Can you confirm whether it solves the problem for you?

(if not, please share another debug log ID).

I tested on 3.5k synced and no issues found. As always in any case of issues log ID should provide more info.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TroubleClef

Re: Wifi sync fails Debug log VH7MN16IZ2 [#19687]

Post by TroubleClef »

Peke wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:21 pm Hi,
The issue should be fixed in 2.0.0.1061. Can you confirm whether it solves the problem for you?

(if not, please share another debug log ID).

I tested on 3.5k synced and no issues found. As always in any case of issues log ID should provide more info.
Hi unfortunately the behavior is the same with update 1061. Here is the debug log I just sent: ID 85S5SXJ3NW
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I still can't replicate, but I tried to lower possible WiFi connection speed to make it unstable. Can you please let us knwo your WiFi Speed connection.
To do that scroll down notification bar -> Long tap on WiFi icon (it should open list of WiFi connections) -> Short tap on Signal icon of connected WiFi -> Advanced and as a last info it should state connection speed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

Peke wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:14 pm Hi,
I still can't replicate, but I tried to lower possible WiFi connection speed to make it unstable. Can you please let us knwo your WiFi Speed connection.
To do that scroll down notification bar -> Long tap on WiFi icon (it should open list of WiFi connections) -> Short tap on Signal icon of connected WiFi -> Advanced and as a last info it should state connection speed.
Thanks. The speed now is 620 Mbps
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
in all your logs, wifi sync stops due to ConnectTimeoutException. It means that the server was not reachable for more than 20 seconds.
Maybe there can be a connection lost due to battery optimization.
Please try to ignore battery optimization for MMA. You can do it via Options/General/Allow MediaMonkey to run in the background and then sync again.
Thanks.
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

martin.bohac wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:45 am Hi,
in all your logs, wifi sync stops due to ConnectTimeoutException. It means that the server was not reachable for more than 20 seconds.
Maybe there can be a connection lost due to battery optimization.
Please try to ignore battery optimization for MMA. You can do it via Options/General/Allow MediaMonkey to run in the background and then sync again.
Thanks.

Interesting, hopefully that is the solution. But I don't see an option to allow background use in MMA, or did you mean somewhere within Android settings?
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

In MMA > Options > General there should be an option to "Allow MediaMonkey to run in the background". Is it not there?

You can also configure it from Android > Android Settings > Battery Optimization > MediaMonkey by setting it to unrestricted.

Does that solve the problem?

-Rusty
TroubleClef

Post by TroubleClef »

rusty wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:46 pm Hi,

In MMA > Options > General there should be an option to "Allow MediaMonkey to run in the background". Is it not there?

You can also configure it from Android > Android Settings > Battery Optimization > MediaMonkey by setting it to unrestricted.

Does that solve the problem?

-Rusty
Thanks. This is strange though, the only option in MMA>Options>General is "send crash logs automatically". Nothing about background activity.

In Android settings for MMA under "manage battery useage" the toggle to allow background activity is greyed out, I can't change it.

If I go through the general App power management settings, MMA doesn't appear on the long list of apps that can be set to not sleep.

Not sure what to think now. Am I missing functionality because it isn't MMA Pro?
MMW Gold Lifetime user

MMA beta tester