How to login on Last.FM plugin?

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

QueenCanadia

How to login on Last.FM plugin?

Post by QueenCanadia »

Where do I enter my login info for the Last.FM scrobbling plugin on MM 5? I just cleanly installed MM 5.0.4.2690 on new re-install of Windows 10. Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: How to login on Last.FM plugin?

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Last.fm.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:13 am Tools > Options > Last.fm.
Is this just for MM5? Or, can you access it somehow on MMA? I was wondering if I would just have buy a FM App for my phone.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA can scrobble, but you'll need an App on the phone that does this. I personally use pano scrobbler.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:30 pm MMA can scrobble, but you'll need an App on the phone that does this. I personally use pano scrobbler.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_US&gl=US is there a guide that explains how to integrate this and MMA [maybe MM5 as well]?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

TheEmpathicEar wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:27 pm Is this just for MM5? Or, can you access it somehow on MMA? I was wondering if I would just have buy a FM App for my phone.
Is hard to advise with more info. What are you trying to achieve?
  • play music on your phone?
  • scrobble music played on your phone?
  • are you trying to fix something re full history in your MM database, or at your last.fm account?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Sorry about any confusion. I have been simple about adding something that would me to listen to local FM stations somehow. I thought maybe MMA could do this. But, it seems that at least one more app is needed as well? And, I don't have a Local.FM login.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

AFAIK last.fm doesn't facilitate playing of music any more. It is service which can record all of your track plays for social or statistical or browsing purposes. It can be used to suggest new music that suits your taste based upon your history.

If you want to listen to public broadcasting you need another app. Your local broadcaster probably has a free app that can be used to play their live stream, or to catch-up on programmes you have missed.

You mentioned MMA, so I presume that you have an android phone. If you want to broaden your choices beyond your local broadcaster, install the Tunein app from the Google app store. The app is free. When you start the app, its onboarding startup will try to channel you to create an account and sign up for a subscription. Ignore and close down all that. Tunein claims that it connects you to 100,000 global radio stations and podcasts originators, so will have all the options that you can handle. It allows you to browse by country, or broadcaster, or music genre, etc. All this is available via their free service.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Each scrobble App is different. It has a setting to se which apps to scrobble from in its configuration. Making sure MMA is enabled is all that's needed.
QueenCanadia

Post by QueenCanadia »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:13 am Tools > Options > Last.fm.
There is no option to login. This is the Last..fm page in the Options dialog from "Tools" menu:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NuqAEexEssVfZkmW8
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Set submission state to On. It will prompt to login.
QueenCanadia

Post by QueenCanadia »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:04 pm Set submission state to On. It will prompt to login.
Thank you. It finally came up. Literally NOTHING happened the first several times I tried setting to "On." Apparently, I was hitting "OK" on the dialog too fast for it to POP UP a whole entire new window to prompt for login. How poorly documented a feature.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:40 am Each scrobble App is different. It has a setting to se which apps to scrobble from in its configuration. Making sure MMA is enabled is all that's needed.
Just considering local FM, will just MMA and a scrobbler be enough to "tune in"? Or, is this something that requires MM5? [Which would limit access?]
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tune in? Just MMA and scrobble App is needed to scrobble plays to last.fm.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:45 pm Tune in? Just MMA and scrobble App is needed to scrobble plays to last.fm.
I just noticed this for the first time in MMA. Lookup & Scrobble>Scrobble>Install Last.fm and Install Simple Last.fm?