Setting custom target volume level not functioning

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

cwhite138

Setting custom target volume level not functioning

Post by cwhite138 »

I have issues with the volume of songs played in MMW (and MMA) which I was hoping would be resolved with changing the track leveling and reanalyzing the files. However, no matter what I seem to change the volume to it be it 20, 89, or 98 db the volume stays the same. If I look at the details for the file, the track volume remains constant. If I manually change the volume in file properties, the song plays properly but if I analyze the file again, it goes back to the same volume as before.

Changing the target volume level when syncing to my Android device has a similarly static result.

Is there somewhere the target volume is hard coded or is there something I am missing?
Peke

Re: Setting custom target volume level not functioning

Post by Peke »

Hi,
for now you can't change MMA volume level which is Hard coded on 89db.

Some Sound Cards and headphones have own normalize so MM5 playback volume is not affected.

Can you please open support Ticket and supply us DL link for one problematic file that exhibit issue, so that we can analyze why it happen. Please along file just state what info MM get thru analyze and what is the correct info you manually enter in order to make track play normally in MM5.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
cwhite138

Post by cwhite138 »

From the sound of it you are telling me that despite there being an option to customize the volume level in options, it really just doesn't do anything as far as how it analyzes things. This is mostly annoying when playing back on my car through Android auto as when I set the music to a decent volume for musing played through there anything that come from the radio or anything else on the phone is significantly louder often to the point of being painful.

That said, I will open a ticket.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying you used Tools > Level Track Volume at a different volume? If so, have you tried disabling Play > Level playback volume (it can be disabled in MMA too)?

No matter what the file's volume is, if MediaMonkey is set to play files at the same volume, it will do so. So, if you make a file much louder with Level Volume, it will still play at the same level as other files if playback is leveled.

For MMA, you can level volume on Sync (to like 95dB), disable playback leveling and you files should now be much loader (but still all at the same volume) in MMA.
cwhite138

Post by cwhite138 »

Perhaps I am confused as to what I should do to get my songs to play the way I want them to. So my biggest concern is to have audio play at a consistent level on my android phone that is ideally similar to what other audio sources are coming from the phone. Currently I am doing this:

In MMW going to Options -> Player -> Volume Leveling and I have st Level playback volume to 95 and Target volume for leveling tracks also to 95 (Does this even affect what MMA plays at?)
In MMW, I analyzed all my library. After doing this if I look at the properties for pretty much any song they now read somewhere around -5 to -10 although I'm sure there are outliers.
In MMW for my phone I configure both Level volume when syncing audio and set the Target volume level to 95 dB.
I sync the music to my phone.
In MMA I do have it set to Level volume

I do this an all my music plays significantly quieter than music or sound from any other source. The only option I have found to make it play louder as of yet is to manually change the track volume for every track but unless I manually configure that say based on what MMW puts it at plus 10 or something the music is still unbalanced between songs.

So what settings should I actually use?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Disable to level volume in MMA and it should play louder, but all files at the same level, since the actual files were leveled on Sync.