Ability to display/choose artwork for Parent playlists in hierarchy

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

Ability to display/choose artwork for Parent playlists in hierarchy

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

My initial experience with Playlists in Media Monkey Android version 2.0.0.10xx (MMA2) is that it is slow to select what you want to synchronise. Particularly when you have 1000+ Playlists. To overcome this, I thought I would try to be group some Playlist under an empty Artist name Playlist.

For example, rather than having:
  • Adele 19
    Adele 21
    Adele 25
    Adele 30
In the top-level of MMW I would move those Artist with say or more albums to:
  • Adele
    ====>19
    ====> 21
    ====> 25
    ====> 30
At the top level, I would “LookUp Image…” and choose a picture of the Artist / Band etc. All fine son far on the MMW side as the software displays a nice image for the “empty” Artist Playlist at the top level and the Album “Cover” for the next “Album” level.

After synching an Android device, things are not so good. ALL the top level are shown as plain white card-index icons.
So, I thought about adding a few “single” tracks to the top level. These “non-album” track also have artwork for the Playlist tiles. The situation is improved with the Playlist tile showing a mix of “white-index card” and “singles” artwork.
I am therefore wondering whether there is a way in MMA2 to ensure that the “white index card” is replaced by the Artist image I looked up and assigned in MMW?

I am not certain whether this is a MMA2 bug, MMA2 feature request, an option I have not selected in MMW or a manual workaround.

I hope this makes sense and is an easy thing to improve to display of Playlist tile artwork.
Ian Taylor
rusty

Re: Ability to display/choose artwork for Parent playlists in hierarchy

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback--I get it.

I hope you don't mind that I've edited the title to make the request clearer. It's not that simple since this information currently isn't synced, but we can look into it further post-2.0.

-Rusty
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Ability to display/choose artwork for Parent playlists in hierarchy

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Thanks.
Ian Taylor