MMA Keeps sticking at end of playing track after updating track properties [#19757]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Re: MMA Keeps sticking at end of playing track after updating track properties [#19757]

Post by rusty »

Thanks--we're looking into this. I'll let you know if we need anything else.
Could it have something to do with MMA often runs in the background for me when I'm surfing while listening to music?
I'm having trouble getting over this bit! I was skiing last night with MM playing but would much rather be surfing!

-Rusty
Andre_H

Re: MMA Keeps sticking at end of playing track after updating track properties [#19757]

Post by Andre_H »

Be careful when choosing where to live! :lol:
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Another crash, another log:

Log ID: CYL7ICBXYL
Description: App still crashes when playing/editing track properties while playing

Was playing two tracks without issues, on the third track opening the properties hang, after that GUI hangs. Music continues to play, even to the next track in list, but the GUI wont switch to the next track, playcounter wont be updated, etc.

Edit: i'm on 2.0.1065
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

rusty

Post by rusty »

Thank you for the new log! We're working on it for the next build.

-Rusty
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

So, no more logs required? I send/post more, if it helps, but i don't want to spam, if you catched it already.

F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Just updating on my experience with this. I am still getting the problem, probably half a dozen or so times a day.

I can kill MMA in the settings though, so not having to reboot (I hadn't realised I needed to go into App info and kill to force it to stop completely, I thought flicking the app away closed it fully!)

One thing I notice; when I add a track rating via properties it doesn't show the rating when I close the properties (but it is saving it, along with any other changes), but when I rate a track from the main screen it does show it straight away. Don't know if that's something to do with how the rating (and other edits) are saved when done via properties compared to adding a rating on the main screen? I do seem to get more of the continuous playback that needs killing after doing edits and then going back in to change them or the rating (although not completely, sometimes it just does it randomly when I've not edited/rated for a few tracks).

Hope that helps....!
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Another thing I have noticed (not sure if it's been reported), but when I sync MMA to MM5 whilst listening to a playlist, after the sync completes I often find it showing a different track to the one that is playing (although the widget shows the track that is actually playing!)

It carries on with the next track being wrong as well, so to resolve it I have to select the track I want it to be playing from the playlist and it plays back correctly from there.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Another crash
Log ID: 16DXZFTPUD

This time i moved the play slider to the right end (to finish the song without skipping it), then had same behaviour as above. App froze, but continued to play music.

But: i noticed that the media scan was running in background (didn't add or deleted anything, not sure why it came up). Maybe it's related to the scan?

rusty

Post by rusty »

F1nchy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:08 pm Just updating on my experience with this (crash associated with editing properties). I am still getting the problem, probably half a dozen or so times a day.
Andry, F1nchy, this issue was fixed in build 1066 and the last report mentioned that you're seeing it with 1065. Can you confirm whether you're seeing it with build 1066 (and if yes, provide an updated log)?
Another thing I have noticed (not sure if it's been reported), but when I sync MMA to MM5 whilst listening to a playlist, after the sync completes I often find it showing a different track to the one that is playing (although the widget shows the track that is actually playing!)
This sounds like an instance of this issue viewtopic.php?t=103190. I like your idea though--i.e. that it may be that it's a refresh problem that occurs when the Playing list fails to update after a sync operation that changes which tracks in the playing list are available.
Another crash
Looks like a different bug. Can you confirm whether:
- it occurs consistently when using the seek bar on that particular track?
- are you playing content from the device?
- are you playing the content to the speaker OR to bluetooth headset/speaker OR casting?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

rusty wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:45 pm
Another crash
Looks like a different bug. Can you confirm whether:
- it occurs consistently when using the seek bar on that particular track?
- are you playing content from the device?
- are you playing the content to the speaker OR to bluetooth headset/speaker OR casting?
i always do pretty much the same "workflow": listening to local tracks, editing properties (mainly rating, genre; sometimes adding some text to the track name), and i always play on my AVR or headset via Bluetooth.

The freezing seems to mainly occur when editing or using the search bar (both still present in .1066).

I just played 3 hours of music yesterday with no problems. When editing tracks I can hardly get through an album without a freeze, sometimes a freeze for every 2 or 3 tracks.

i can try some "heavy seekbar sessions" and send logs, if that helps.

Edit: Speaking of the seekbar: I personally use that just because of ... viewtopic.php?t=103683

F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

rusty wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:45 pm
Andry, F1nchy, this issue was fixed in build 1066 and the last report mentioned that you're seeing it with 1065. Can you confirm whether you're seeing it with build 1066 (and if yes, provide an updated log)?
Yes, I'm still getting it in 1066, I'll provide a log next time it happens, thanks
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Log ID: Z1SWIT3QR6
Description: App freeze while playing

Still there in .1067

Playing (partly in background), editing Tags, no seekbar involved.

F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

F1nchy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:33 am Another thing I have noticed (not sure if it's been reported), but when I sync MMA to MM5 whilst listening to a playlist, after the sync completes I often find it showing a different track to the one that is playing (although the widget shows the track that is actually playing!)
rusty wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:45 pm This sounds like an instance of this issue viewtopic.php?t=103190. I like your idea though--i.e. that it may be that it's a refresh problem that occurs when the Playing list fails to update after a sync operation that changes which tracks in the playing list are available.
Hi Rusty, just coming back on this additional comment I made - has this issue been logged as a separate issue, as I am getting it all the time at the moment and I think I can see what is happening (but not why).

At the moment, most of what I am listening to are smart playlists set up in MM5 for tracks I have not yet rated/added tempo so that when I them rate them in MMA and sync back to MM5 the tracks I've now rated get automatically removed from the smart playlist and replaced with fresh tracks with no rating.

What I'm noticing every time after I sync back that once the sync has completed the next track to play is the correct next track in the playlist, but the artwork/details shown in MMA are a different track further down the playlist (strangely, the MMA widget still shows the correct track playing).

So if, for example, there are 20 tracks in the playlist and I've played and rated, say, 5 tracks and set it to sync whilst playing track 6, after the sync has completed and after it has finished playing track 6 it will play track 7, but it will be showing the artwork and details for track 12, and any further tracks will continue to play in that out-of-sync order until I stop it and restart a track, after which it will be fine.

I can see by sliding across from the cover art to the playlist how many tracks it has slipped forward, and I've just been going back up and restarting the correct track.

It feels like it's every time I sync it does that - does that make sense? Should this be logged as a seperate issue to be resolved?

The above issue is in addition to the other irritating problem of MMA often freezing at the end of the track after updating properties (which is also still happening, a dozen or so times a day!)
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

I've just uploaded a video from my phone screen to demonstrate what I mean.

In this example I was playing a smart playlist of tracks with no tempo set. I then add a note in the composer tag for tempo, moods, etc so that when I sync back to MM5 they show up in another smart playlist set up for me to update them all.

On this occasion I only played a few tracks, but during the sync I updated the tempo for about 10 tracks (that I had already added before the recording), and you can see that when it finishes the sync and goes to play the next track it is playing a Killers song about 20 down the playlist instead of the Smiths one that should be next and is showing in the track info.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/63JpUqbgUBePkLBz9

Hope that helps!
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, build 1070 (released earlier today and waiting for approval in the Play store) fixes another playback issue, and may (hopefully) have resolved this as well. If you're still experiencing the problem with build 1070, please let us know and share another log ID.

Thanks!

-Rusty

[EDIT: p.s. I just noticed that I overlooked your last 2 comments. Will follow up later...]