[REQ] Playing queue can't sort

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

dkstott

Re: [REQ] Playing queue can't sort

Post by dkstott »

The process stated by you below is exactly what I do for shuffling my daily tracks

"2) In Music > Genres > Jazz, at the top, you'll see a 'Shuffle all' button. Tap this button to add all Jazz tracks to the Playing queue in random order. This approach lets you see and preserves the order of the tracks in the Playing queue."

The issues that I experience within the above process were in previous versions and still exists in MMA2

#1 It doesn't take MMA long 2-5 days) before it seems to fixate on a small section of the tracks and ignore all others. This result is that MMA repeats tracks during a 2 hour period.

#2 Newly added music will be either completely ignored or permanently placed at the end of the shuffle playlist / que. It DOESN'T matter how many times that I have MMA sync / check for new tracks or re-shuffle numerous times. The result is always the same.

SOMETIMES New updates reset something within MMA memory and shuffle is working and new music is allowed into the playlist.
SOMETIMES, clearing MMA cache will also reset something within MMA memory and shuffle is reset and new music is allowed into the playlist

More often than not; The only way to force MMA to stop repeating tracks is to delete them from my phone completely

FWIW I'm not a fan of the changes within MM5. I'm still using MMW 4.1.31.1919.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Got it. Thanks for clarifying! We'll look into the randomization algorithm post-2.0. Tracking at
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19800

-Rusty
stonefree

Post by stonefree »

dkstott wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:38 am #1 It doesn't take MMA long 2-5 days) before it seems to fixate on a small section of the tracks and ignore all others. This result is that MMA repeats tracks during a 2 hour period.
Totally agree with dkstott, I have my Last.FM account still up and running, and doesn't really reflect accurately the stuff I like from my collection because most media players seem to suffer from this problem, and so when you are not curating the tracks you are going to listen to you end up skewing playback towards recently played tracks.

It sounds like you understand and are on it Rusty so thank you ever so much.

I think part of the problem is that we don't really want actual 'random', as a truly random shuffle would occasionally bring up tracks that were last seen not that long ago. We want random with some extra parameters, like 'not played within the last week/month'