Two questions about copying files on iPhone 14

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

dejudicibus

Two questions about copying files on iPhone 14

Post by dejudicibus »

Q1. I have a folder on an external HDD (E-disk) where I keep all my music. I wish to copy selected sub-folders on my iPhone 14 but I do NOT want to sync the whole music folder. Is that possible by MediaMonkey?

Q2. Furthermore, my folders in E-disk are organized as follows:

Code: Select all

root
- <music origin>
  - <singer/interpreter>
    - album name
       - songs
When I copy to iPhone, do you suggest to maintain the same folder organization or a flat model (just Albums)? What if I want to copy just few albums of a singer? Can I manually create folders in iPhone?
Lowlander

Re: Two questions about copying files on iPhone 14

Post by Lowlander »

On the Sync List you can choose what is Synced. This can be selected Locations, Albums, Artists, Playlists, etc.
dejudicibus

Post by dejudicibus »

So, I can create a list in MM and see it on iPhone?

What about the structure of media library on PC? It is ok to have it structured as I described in my question?
Peke

Post by Peke »

dejudicibus wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:22 am So, I can create a list in MM and see it on iPhone?

What about the structure of media library on PC? It is ok to have it structured as I described in my question?
Yes, you can create Playlist on PC and if that playlist is selected for sync then it will be synced.
As for file structure, Apple have strict policy of structure on their devices when synced, so it doesn't matter how they are located on PC after sync they will follow Apple specs.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The structure on the PC is irrelevant for Sync, even irrelevant for MediaMonkey itself. Most navigating of media is done by tags instead of folder structure. However I do recommend a structure like yours to keep things organized.

As for Apple devices as Peke mentioned, they mandate their own file structure on the device, there is no user control over this. When Syncing to Android devices you do get to choose the file structure on the device (it doesn't have to match the structure on PC).
dejudicibus

Post by dejudicibus »

Thank you everybody. It looks like MM is the product I need.