Album art doesn't show up [#19690]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Album art doesn't show up

Post by Lowlander »

Onweerwolf wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:45 pmI have the same problem. MMA doesn't show artwork after a few times synching.
Which Build of MMW and MMA?
Dynamic990

Post by Dynamic990 »

Hello all!

I also have the same problem.

Since the last synchronisation today with MMW, all cover images of albums that I synchronised with the last 1.x version are no longer displayed in MMA.

From all albums and tracks that I have synchronised with the new version 2.0.0.x, the cover images are displayed normally.

I am currently using MMW version 5.0.4.2690 and MMA version 2.0.0.1066. All album pictures are stored in the tags and are still there. Synchronisation was done via Wifi.

Best regards
Christian

PS: Earlier versions of MMA 2.0.0.x also seem to be affected. Apparently, for all albums and tracks that I have synchronised before 21 December 2022, the album images are no longer displayed in MMA.
MMW 5.0.4.2690 on Windows 11 using Wi-Fi Sync with
MMA 2.0.0.1099 on a Samsung Galaxy A71 (SM-A715F) running Android 13 and One UI 5.1
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:07 pm
Onweerwolf wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:45 pmI have the same problem. MMA doesn't show artwork after a few times synching.
Which Build of MMW and MMA?
The final MM4 version that was released and the latest MMA version that was on the Google Play Store yesterday. I have already reverted back to MMA1.x so I can't give you the exact version.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Dynamic990 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:48 pm Since the last synchronisation today with MMW, all cover images of albums that I synchronised with the last 1.x version are no longer displayed in MMA.

From all albums and tracks that I have synchronised with the new version 2.0.0.x, the cover images are displayed normally.
This is interesting.

Did you check if everything would sync correctly if you deleted everything from your device and then resynced it?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Did you check if everything would sync correctly if you deleted everything from your device and then resynced it?
fwiw, in our testing, this issue no longer occurs since v2.0.0.1065 with freshly synced content. We'll review upgrade scenarios and try to replicate lost art from content synced with 1.x.

-Rusty
Dynamic990

Post by Dynamic990 »

rusty wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:58 pm in our testing, this issue no longer occurs since v2.0.0.1065 with freshly synced content
Hello Rusty,

That makes sense.

In fact, in my case, the missing display of the album pictures affects the contents that I synchronised before 21 December 2022.

Since I have always installed all updates of MMA 2.0.0.x quite soon after their release, one could perhaps draw conclusions from which version of MMA 2.0.0.x the problem no longer occurs.

For all content that I have synchronised on or after 21 December 2022, the album pictures are displayed correctly. This even goes so far that the album pictures seem to be displayed again for older content when MMA updates the MMW database, e.g. to update the playback counter of a song.

I hope there will be a solution for this at some point without having to re-sync my 84 GB of audio files.

Best regards
Christian
MMW 5.0.4.2690 on Windows 11 using Wi-Fi Sync with
MMA 2.0.0.1099 on a Samsung Galaxy A71 (SM-A715F) running Android 13 and One UI 5.1
gordol

Post by gordol »

Zoroasterisk wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:27 pm I'm on version 5.0.4.2690 for MMW, and 2.0.0.1065 for MMA. I can't get album art to show up for about half my library. I've got a little over 9000 tracks, and all except about 70 have album art attached when I look at a song in MMW. I've only ever had this problem with MediaMonkey, and it's only ever occurred on the Android version, never on the Windows side. When I sync, I do it via USB from MMW to MMA. I've tried deleting the entire library and resyncing. I've tried going into Android's Media Storage system app and deleting its data, then restarting. I've made sure it's not because the art is larger than 500x500, and that it's in the first slot in MMW. I've used other 3rd-party music apps to verify that the art successfully transferred during the sync. I've checked for new/changed media in MMA at least a dozens times.
Are you missing the art in MMW, or MMA?

If they exist in MMW but not MMA, edit some of them (forex, putting a dot in the Description of the art tab in MMW) and then sync again.

Whenever I add tracks via MMW, the art does not transfer over to MMA unless I edit the artwork tab in the properties in MMW. I have a support ticket open for this as an issue with MMW.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I don't know if this helps. There is a "SAVE" icon in both Artist and Album Views in MM5 [anyway]. If you find it on the album in question and click on it, the art work will definitely show up in MMA
EDIT: It appears on the lower or upper left corner as a "Floppy Disk".
rusty

Post by rusty »

TheEmpathicEar is correct. To explain what's happening:
When MediaMonkey for Windows looks up artwork automatically, depending on your settings, it may be looked up and _saved_ or looked up and _unsaved_ (cached). When it is in the 'unsaved' (cached) state, it'll appear in the Properties and Preview window with a small 'Save' (floppy disk) icon and allow you to 'Save' it, but it won't appear in the tracklist or be synced to your device, since it hasn't yet been saved to your Library. One you save it, it's either saved to the tag or to the Album folder (depending on how you've configured artwork to be saved) and becomes part of the library proper.

-Rusty
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

@rusty Does the same thing happen when you rip a CD?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes if you have unsaved AA for the CD. MM do not auto save AA during the rip.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gordol

Post by gordol »

rusty wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:45 am TheEmpathicEar is correct. To explain what's happening:
When MediaMonkey for Windows looks up artwork automatically, depending on your settings, it may be looked up and _saved_ or looked up and _unsaved_ (cached). When it is in the 'unsaved' (cached) state, it'll appear in the Properties and Preview window with a small 'Save' (floppy disk) icon and allow you to 'Save' it, but it won't appear in the tracklist or be synced to your device, since it hasn't yet been saved to your Library. One you save it, it's either saved to the tag or to the Album folder (depending on how you've configured artwork to be saved) and becomes part of the library proper.

-Rusty
But the tracks I'm adding have the artwork already embedded in them, MMW shouldn't be looking up any artwork for them. I have confirmed this by seeing the artwork in Windows Explorer after downloading the tracks from the store prior to dragging them into MMW from Windows Explorer.

In fact, I do not want MediaMonkey (desktop or phone) to look up the album art. When it does, it does so on its own (despite being set to not) with no regard to what I already have set and frequently replacing my high quality 1200x1200 images with crap 300x300 thumbnails from who knows where.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thanks for the report. I'm unable to replicate the problem of MMW replacing existing artwork. Can you send us one track sample DL link in support ticket that you know MM searched for AA after loading it from Drag and drop and attach pics from Windows explorer and MM?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gordol

Post by gordol »

Peke wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:14 am Hi,
Thanks for the report. I'm unable to replicate the problem of MMW replacing existing artwork. Can you send us one track sample DL link in support ticket that you know MM searched for AA after loading it from Drag and drop and attach pics from Windows explorer and MM?
Honestly, I think it's MMA that's fraking with changing the art (check my ticket history for when I lost over three thousand tracks' album art in a playlist with MMA v1.x). And I've been fixing them as I see them.

Anyway, that was an aside here. This thread is newly added tracks album art not showing up in MMA. This did not happen with MMA 1.x, started with 2.x.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Yeah this thread has gotten a little unwieldy. To summarize:

1) MMA 2 beta builds losing album art issue has been fixed as of build 1065 for newly synced artwork. BUT the fix doesn't yet address artwork that was lost in earlier MMA 2 builds.

2) MMW/MMA looking up artwork for tracks that already have associated artwork. Gordol, I'm not clear on this issue (i.e. whether it's a problem of MMA/W somehow looking up artwork unnecessarily OR whether inferior Artwork was being looked up in MMA subsequent to it being lost in MMA). If it's the former, a new MMW thread about this might be warranted. If the latter, it's probably already fixed by 1).

-Rusty