Album art doesn't show up [#19690]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

Re: Album art doesn't show up [#19690]

Post by gordol »

rusty wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:43 pm 1) MMA 2 beta builds losing album art issue has been fixed as of build 1065 for newly synced artwork. BUT the fix doesn't yet address artwork that was lost in earlier MMA 2 builds.
My last test was with b1065 and newly added tracks still did not get album art synced to MMA unless I did an edit to save a change to the artwork tab in MMW first. Now on b1068 and I have no new media to add at this time.
2) MMW/MMA looking up artwork for tracks that already have associated artwork. Gordol, I'm not clear on this issue (i.e. whether it's a problem of MMA/W somehow looking up artwork unnecessarily OR whether inferior Artwork was being looked up in MMA subsequent to it being lost in MMA). If it's the former, a new MMW thread about this might be warranted. If the latter, it's probably already fixed by 1).
I think that should be a separate thread. I got off on a rant. I don't think I'll ever be able to capture a log for it because MMA does background scans that I do not always see a notification for, even when it's not playing anything.
rusty

Re: Album art doesn't show up

Post by rusty »

My last test was with b1065 and newly added tracks still did not get album art synced to MMA unless I did an edit to save a change to the artwork tab in MMW first.
This sounds like an MMW issue, possibly related to item 2) that you mentioned and that what's happening is that some of your tracks in MMW have 'unsaved' (cached) artwork rather than 'saved' artwork, and that's why the artwork isn't syncing. Can you confirm whether that's the case?

-Rusty
gordol

Post by gordol »

The art not syncing in the first place: I do not recall this happening with MMA 1.x

The art being changed on me: this has been a long-standing issue back to MMA 1.x and in on extreme case changed the art on over 3k tracks to change to the same incorrect album.

And no, other than the observational info provided, I have no way to definitively confirm it.
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

There must be some other problems with this AA problem. The more I use MMA2, the more cover disappear from showing every time I use MMW5.

Covers that were present in both are now only showing in MMW5 and no longer in MMA2.

I realised that they also disappear in the teufel raumfeld app. And as this app is streaming the mp3 audio from MMA2, I guess that syncing from MMW5 to MMA2 more and more deletes the existing AA.

That wasn't before and with over 15400 tracks it's still scary.
MMA 2.0.0.1171 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

I don't know why but the AA that missing yesterday are now back (without a further sync)?!
MMA 2.0.0.1171 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
rusty

Post by rusty »

Kap1A wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:57 am I don't know why but the AA that missing yesterday are now back (without a further sync)?!
Not sure if this is what happened to you, but if you play a bunch of tracks immediately after a Sync operation, it's possible that it'll show empty artwork for those tracks as it can take some time after sync has completed for the Android media system to be updated with the new artwork and for the Playing list to update.

-Rusty
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

rusty wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:29 pm

Not sure if this is what happened to you, but if you play a bunch of tracks immediately after a Sync operation, it's possible that it'll show empty artwork for those tracks as it can take some time after sync has completed for the Android media system to be updated with the new artwork and for the Playing list to update.

-Rusty
Yes, this sounds like what I saw. But it happens with AA that I don't have changed. Anyway, they're back and that counts.
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, there are more album-art related fixes in build 1070. Please let us know if you're still seeing any issues once it becomes available (it's awaiting approval in the Play store).

Thanks!

-Rusty
Dynamic990

Post by Dynamic990 »

rusty wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:54 pm fyi, there are more album-art related fixes in build 1070. Please let us know if you're still seeing any issues once it becomes available (it's awaiting approval in the Play store).

Thanks!

-Rusty
Hello Rusty

I have just installed version 2.0.0.1070 and performed a synchronisation.

Unfortunately, the problem still exists unchanged in my case.

The album images are only displayed for content that was synchronised between MMW and MMA on or after 21 December 2022. It does not matter in which direction (MMW->MMA or MMA->MMW) the content was synchronised.

Best regards
Christian
MMW 5.0.4.2690 on Windows 11 using Wi-Fi Sync with
MMA 2.0.0.1099 on a Samsung Galaxy A71 (SM-A715F) running Android 13 and One UI 5.1
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Christian,

If you delete one of the tracks that's missing artwork and then resync does the artwork show up?

-Rusty
Dynamic990

Post by Dynamic990 »

rusty wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:35 pm Hi Christian,

If you delete one of the tracks that's missing artwork and then resync does the artwork show up?

-Rusty
Hello Rusty,

Yes.

But I don't even have to delete the track on MMA, it's enough to synchronise when something changes in the database on the track, then the corresponding album picture reappears.

For example, I play a track on MMA where the picture is not displayed, so that the playback counter increases, and then synchronise with MMW. The picture is then displayed again.

Or I change a little something in the title in MMW and then synchronise this change to MMA. After that, the picture is also displayed again.

Best Regards
Christian
MMA 2.0.0.1099 on a Samsung Galaxy A71 (SM-A715F) running Android 13 and One UI 5.1
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

@Dynamic990 After you make this change in MMW or MM5 and it is reflected in MMA, does it reflect that change and maintain it from that point on?
Dynamic990

Post by Dynamic990 »

TheEmpathicEar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:48 pm @Dynamic990 After you make this change in MMW or MM5 and it is reflected in MMA, does it reflect that change and maintain it from that point on?
Hello TheEmpaticEar,

as for information such as album title, album artist, title or title artist, definitely yes, this information is displayed correctly in MMA and remains there until it is changed again.

I use the star rating and the display of song lyrics relatively rarely, but I would say from the gut that these are also correctly synchronised and retained on MMA.

Are you referring to something specific?

Best Regards
Christian
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

You were referring to changes made in MMW and after a sync they would fill in tags in MMA and remain that way until more changes in MMW?
EDIT: Read @rusty's last post and your responses afterwards?
Dynamic990

Post by Dynamic990 »

TheEmpathicEar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:37 pm You were referring to changes made in MMW and after a sync they would fill in tags in MMA and remain that way until more changes in MMW?
Hello TheEmpathicEar,

No, I was referring to the MMA database, not the tags in the audio files.

In most cases, only the database is synchronised when changes are made, not the audio files themselves.

Best Regards
Christian

PS: And as far as I know, the album images are also stored in the MMA database and retrieved from there.
PPS: As the title of the thread says, I am only having problems viewing the album art. All other information was and is always correctly synchronised with MMA and remains correctly in the MMA database.