Search not working in media servers [#19795]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Nileblue

Search not working in media servers [#19795]

Post by Nileblue »

Search does not work when I search media servers (asset UPnP and qnap) using the app. No items returned . Search works in HiFi cast app.

Version 2.0.0.1065
Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra android 13 oneUI 5.0
Lowlander

Re: Search not working in media servers

Post by Lowlander »

It's working for me. Are you sure wifi is on and on the same network (not a guest network) when this happens. Is this new to build 1065?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Nileblue wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:47 am Search does not work when I search media servers (asset UPnP and qnap) using the app. No items returned . Search works in HiFi cast app.

Version 2.0.0.1065
Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra android 13 oneUI 5.0
Have you tried to do a search in MM5 DLNA server? It is possible that "HiFi cast app" uses different search command or parameters than MMA. If you find that Search work with MM5 please let us kno wteh Play store url for "HiFi cast app" so that we can test it.

Note: I tested on Asset and it worked normally in MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Nileblue

Post by Nileblue »

Search works if install MMS on windows 11 notebook but do not want to run a music server on a notebook but on QNAP server. I cannot get my head around MMS and does not access my music stored locally on c:/user/username/onedrive/music. Search works with windows MM5 using same Asset server on QNAP.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi NileBlue,

I'm seeing the same behavior as you. Tracking this at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19795

-Rusty