MM5/Win11: Taskbar-Player, can't minimize, no menus

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

kconover

MM5/Win11: Taskbar-Player, can't minimize, no menus

Post by kconover »

I have used MM for years. I am just switching from a Win10 to Win11 PC and upgraded to MM5 (5.0.4.2690 to be specific) at the same time (bad idea, I know).

Everything works well except:

The top right down arrow (Minimize to MicroPlayer or Minimize to MiniPlayer) will let me minimize to the MiniPlayer, but as expected, since Win11 has eliminated toolbars, I cannot minimize to MicroPlayer. Which is too bad as I loved the MicroPlayer.

However, the system tray icon mouse hover (Taskbar-Player?) does most of what the MicroPlayer did, so I'm OK with it, I guess.

However, once I've got my MediaMonkey 5 window up on the screen, I can't minimize it to the TaskBar; every time I try, by clicking the right-hand icon of the three at the top right of the window (the minimize button), I get the error "The MicroPlayer is not yet enabled…" and it refuses to minimize. Perhaps this has something to do with my hi-rez display? (3840x2160)

Another problem perhaps related to that display setting as well. With the out-of-the box skin, I cannot see the letter of the menu in the top left of the window. And clicking where they're supposed to be does nothing. If I double-click the top bar or click the middle of those three top-right buttons to switch to a regular window, the menu reappears. And trying to minimize again makes the menu disappear. Strange.
Peke

Re: MM5/Win11: Taskbar-Player, can't minimize, no menus

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Make sure that in Tools -> Options -> General -> Minimize is set to Taskbar. After that restart MM and all should be OK.

As for Menu when you manage to show it make sure that Menu Bar is enabled which will make Menu persistent and not hide anymore.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
CogitoVino

Post by CogitoVino »

I have the same problem (essentially), but the suggested fix isn't even available on my menus. (?) In the General tab of the Options panel (Tools > Options > General), there is no "Minimize" option. There's OS integration, Hotkeys, Confirmations, Party Mode, and Performance. The only sub-option related to Menus is under Party Mode, which is "Hide menu bar". Not what I'm trying to fix.

The annoying failure I get is that I can't minimize the main MediaMonkey window. Clicking on the standard Window minimize button on the title bar results in an error message "The MicroPlayer is not yet enabled. To enable it, right-click on the Taskbar, click on 'Toolbars'; and enable 'MediaMonkey Player'." The problem with this is that there is no Toolbars option on the Taskbar right-click menu under Win11, it's only got one option "Taskbar settings", which opens that Win11 panel, which has no mention of MediaMonkey on it.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Maybe the Window is bit rounded in Win 11, but here is the video showing you how to enable/disable Menu using Mouse and also using keyboard (click anywhere on MM window and then use LEFT ALT to open menu and navigate arrows. ENTER key enables menu selection).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts