(Solved by Area 51) Playlists not populating, sort of *time-sensitive*

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MMhow2

(Solved by Area 51) Playlists not populating, sort of *time-sensitive*

Post by MMhow2 »

Guru's,

Did a forum help search before posting this... not sure if I missed the answer, but this is a time-sensitive one. Leaving on a long trip Saturday morning and need this fixed!

Situation: PC -> Android sync. All playlists sync correctly.

Issue: If a playlist has three sub-playlists and songs all in the same >, the three playlists are there and populated with song, BUT the hierarchal playlist shows nothing.

Example:
Playlist "Classic Rock"
Classic Rock has three sub-playlists of Classic Rock Slow, Classic Rock Power, Classic Rock Bands. All the sub-playlists have a songs in there that are supposed to be. Problem = There are supposed to be songs uncategorized under the Classic Rock main playlist are not there. Desktop is 100% correct. Android they are not.

Never had this error happen before in the two years of using it. Frustrating.

Last edited by MMhow2 on Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am an innocent victim that knows nothing about MediaMonkey. Help me on my path of entertainment joy. :(
Lowlander

Re: Playlists not populating, sort of *time-sensitive*

Post by Lowlander »

Playlists don't inherit content from any Child-Playlists (never have), it's there for organizational purposes. However you can make AutoPlaylists inherit other (any Playlist in the Library) Playlists using the Playlist is Criteria.
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

I'm tracking on that. This is not a child playlist not auto-populating. On my side, it has always done that. This is the main playlist. The three child ones are fine. This has never happened before. I have changed nothing in my sync rules or methods.
I am an innocent victim that knows nothing about MediaMonkey. Help me on my path of entertainment joy. :(
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
i just tested this with these steps:
1. Created main Static playlist and added number of tracks
2. Created few sub playlists and added number of tracks in each one
3. Selected to sync all subplaylists and main playlist (made sure that all have check mark)
4. Synced with WiFi
5. All sub playlist and main playlist are populated in MMA

Are you sure that main playlist is also checked for sync? As for me all looks ok.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About of MMW5 and MMA are you using and did you do a wi-fi or USB Sync? Was Classic Rock selected to be Synced in the Sync List?
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

5.0.4.2690 & 1.4.4.0956

I tried both USB and Wi-Fi sync. Classic Rock (and the others that have child lists) are all checked in the main and sub. I even deleted the database on Android to see if it would repopulate the right way and it did not. Results were the same.
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

I have been researching this here https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... r-android/ and have nothing that pertains to my specific issue.

I have looked to see if the DB on MMW is the same on MMA but I cannot seem to find the file on MMA. Where is it located?

Another thing I did to troubleshoot is I looked in the Playlist folder on my phone. The parent playlist of "Classic Rock" was not there. The child ones were. Going to pull the parent ones over and see what happens. In a sync now.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you add Screenshot of your sync settings that shows affected playlist?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce. Create a Playlist with 1 file, created 3 child Playlists with 1 file each, selected the child Playlists and selected the parent Playlist and did a wifi Sync. Parent Playlist had their 1 file on device in MMA after Sync.
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

Yeah I can not explain this gremlin. I ended up dumping the entire library on the Android, adding a playlist to each parent playlist that had the content in the top-level. For example; Classic Rock parent with media, then created a child Classic Rock "All" playlist and dumped all the media from the parent list and poof! Everything was there. Don't get it at all, but everything was correct in MM5.

I'm not going to sneeze near this thing. Will finger it after my trip. Thanks guys for chiming in on this one. I don't get it either.