White screen and regular error screen

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

quofiend

White screen and regular error screen

Post by quofiend »

The last few MM's have been causing consistent errors when I am converting ripped FLAC to MP3.
I've been using MM for many years and never had a version that seems so unstable as this. WHITE SCREENS seem to occur regularly. When conversing files, it states it's failed to connect to a mapped NAS Drive, (even though it is connected) and then throws the pop up window to 'restart in safe mode' or 'continue' . I've reduced CPU cores for conversion but doesn't seem to help.
Never had a version that's done this so often after so many years of use and do not want to spent hours debugging.
Cant fathom what's changed. Using W11, Current release,
Any suggestions on areas to explore ?
EDIT: So converting from a mapped NAS drive to the C Drive works fine.. no errors...
What could have changed to effect a conversion from a mapped NAS drive to a mapped NAS Drive that has been working fine for many years.
Lowlander

Re: White screen and regular error screen

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643

Are the source and destination the same NAS or different NAS's?
quofiend

Post by quofiend »

1 - Apologies for no response.. Many reasons.
2 - I believe this maybe a W11 and Driver issue... Will check during coming month.
3 - For first time in months, today, I converted a full CD of FLAC to MP3 - direct to NAS drive with no issues.
I will monintor.
quofiend

Post by quofiend »

Still having White Screen crashes But now itts when I sync to my ipod.
Yes, I still use a 160Gb ipod to sync MP3 files for in car playing.
It;s worked perfectly for many years.
Now I've noticed the M: drive that I sync from (Synology NAS , mapped as M:) drops, or disconnects just as the White Screen hits during a sync.
This M drive is one I've been syncing from, via MM for many years. Probably 10+ years onto same ipod.
Ipod disk is fine. Space exists for the updated sync of a few albums.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643
quofiend

Post by quofiend »

Hi lowlander
So ... I've found the cause. A FLAC file from another mapped Drive (F:) was in the sync list.
User error on my part for that. Removing it and the sync works. ie. Once the sync was all operating on MP3 and from one mapped drive, all was fine.
Strange that a FLAC file would casue the issue... or was it the switch mid sync to another mapped drive.
I'm not able to tell.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

We'd still like to have a debug log capturing this so we can analyze and fix the problem.
quofiend

Post by quofiend »

my apologies.. didnt see this request and it's way too late now. I'd would have helped. Sorry