Playlists not syncing, but tracks are...

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

chrisj

Playlists not syncing, but tracks are...

Post by chrisj »

I run Win 11 media monkey latest version. Added new tracks to database on pc and then added some of the tracks to existing playlists.
Selected sync on android phone Samsung Note 20, tracks sync ok over wifi but playlists didnt update. Worked fine last tiem i tried it.
Any ideas?
Lowlander

Re: Playlists not syncing, but tracks are...

Post by Lowlander »

Did you select the Playlists to be Synced in the Sync List?

Which Build (Help > About) of MMW and which build of MMA did you use for the wi-fi Sync?
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, this works fine for me with MMW 5.0.4 and MMA 2.0.0.1070. If you can still replicate, is there anything else that you're doing?

-Rusty
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I also do not have any issues. Do you have Sync playlists enabled under Device profile.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
cyd

Post by cyd »

I face the same issue.
Tracks get updated, but the Auto-Playlists are not updated to MMA.

I already tried to sync the phone multiple times, but still 35 files are listed in the playlist on the phone.
In MMW the playlist has only 30 files and if I click in MMW on the synced playlist on the phone it shows 30 files, too

MMA 2.0.0.1073
MMW 4.1.31.1919
Phone Samsung S21 Android 13
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please upgrade to MediaMonkey 5 and try again. If the problem persists it can be troubleshot with that version.
cyd

Post by cyd »

Hmm, this sounds like MMA 2 won't support MMW4 any more.
It's really bad as MMA 1is breaking on rotation of the screen. Without this issue I would still use MMW4 with MMA1.
So I was lucky to see that MMA 2 worked without issues with MMW4.

Currently I'm not able to jump to MMW5.
Don't get me wrong, MMW5 looks nice but for now it has only some core features. From my point of view the addons (Discogs tagger, Regex Find & Replace, Magic Nodes, MonkeyRok,..) made MM incredible and are need for me.
Running MMW4 and MMW5 parallel didn't worked for me as the db files are different. I fear to get conflicts.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMW4 should still work with MMA2, but is no longer developed. You could try deleting the Playlist from MMA and syncing again.
rusty

Post by rusty »

To be clear: Although MMW4 is no longer being developed, MMA 2 is designed to sync with both MMW 4 and 5 with the limitation that some of the newly supported metadata that's synced between MMW5 and MMA 2 will not be synced with MMW4.

Also, fyi I tested this out as follows and synchronization worked as expected:
1 Synced favorites not heard recently (1hr)
2 Modified the auto-playlist characteristics so that songs were added OR removed
3 Resynced
--> In all cases, the device updated correctly
Could there be something else triggering the bug? e.g. a permissions problem (which would affect synchronization more generally)?

-Rusty
cyd

Post by cyd »

Thank you for the positive news! I really appreciate your efforts!
You made my day :)

I guess I found the issue. I have nested lists in mm4.
And this nested list was not updated anymore in mma2.

- I now removed one of the nested list in mm4, synced -> Playlist removed on mma (okay)
- I added the nested list again in mm4, synced -> Playlist was synced to to root Playlist. Not part of the nested Playlists anymore (not expected)
- I then removed all of the nested lists in mm4, synced -> all Playlist removed on mma. Even the one on root level (okay)
- I added the nested lists on mm4 again, synced -> all nested Playlists were synced to root Playlist. No one was part of the nested Playlists anymore (not expected)

I will test later to remove the root of the nested Playlists and write the result

---Update:
I wanted to remove the root playlist, then suddenly in MMA2 all nested playlists were back as nested playlists. Without any additional sync. Now the sync works again for the ratings.
Thank you for your time and support! Really appreciate it!

One additional question:
If during using of MMA new cover pictures or song texts were resolved via lookup, should this information be also synced back to MMW? Currently this is not working. But maybe there is a misconfig and I need to reset my phone config
In the sync settings I have the flag "Automatically sync metadata from device to PC" active.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Glad that playlist sync is working!

Re. artwork updated in MMA failing to sync back to MMW, I'm able to replicate. Tracking at:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19910

-Rusty