Replacing Album Artist with Artist

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

svillardi

Replacing Album Artist with Artist

Post by svillardi »

Hi,

Cannot seem to find this elsewhere in MM5 (found for MM4, but not 5), sorry if duplicate.

How do I bulk replace an empty Album Artist with Artist field? I have hundreds of albums with that field missing.

I saw something about deleting album artist (Select All problematic Tracks and do Mass tag change by Deleting Album Artist MMW will refill it with Artist.) but I cannot seem to find that option in MM5.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Replacing Album Artist with Artist

Post by Lowlander »

Mass edit can be done in the Properties when selecting multiple files. Any change made will apply to all selected files.
svillardi

Post by svillardi »

Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm looking to automate this for a large amount of albums, by different artists. Let's say I have 30 albums by 30 artists, I do not want to do this album by album. Is there any way?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

svillardi

Post by svillardi »

FANTASTIC!
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

Just a reminder that if there are different artists for different tracks in an album, copying artist to album artist will result in an album being split into separate albums for each artist. An album must have the same title and the same album artist for each track though it can have different artists for tracks. This is not an idiosyncracy of MM but designed in the id3 tag system.
svillardi

Post by svillardi »

yarguy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:09 am Just a reminder that if there are different artists for different tracks in an album, copying artist to album artist will result in an album being split into separate albums for each artist. An album must have the same title and the same album artist for each track though it can have different artists for tracks. This is not an idiosyncracy of MM but designed in the id3 tag system.
Noted and appreciated. All in question were single-artist albums.
Gordyp

Post by Gordyp »

You might want to check out MP3Tag - I use it quite a bit with MM. You can select tracks and drag them into MP3Tag to fix issues that not easily done in MM.

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

One thing I notice is I can program an album artist as Various in MP3tag but it will show up as the individual artists for each song when I open that album up in MM5. In any case it's a quick fix, but I don't see if you tag something in one program it doesn't populate that way into the other.
To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to rescan in MediaMonkey after making changes to files outside of MediaMonkey.

Note that MediaMonkey itself can make thesentag changes too: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... erties/5.0