Patreon subscriber podcast download issue

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

svillardi

Patreon subscriber podcast download issue

Post by svillardi »

I am having a problem with MM5 and a subscription to a Patreon-backed podcast.

I set up the private feed and am able to see all episodes but MM5 only allows me to download / play the last 12 episodes.

I have contacted Patreon support to see if there is an issue on their end, but they said that it is working on their side. Today, I decided to try other podcast programs and in fact, all episodes are working properly (although in my brief testing, I have not yet found any way to download them.) iTunes, VLC and Podcatcher play them fine.

Furthermore, the regular free podcast is working fine although their URLs are on different domains.

Any help with this would be sincerely appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Patreon subscriber podcast download issue

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643

They may need the actual subscription and login to test if the log doesn't show enough as to why this fails.
svillardi

Post by svillardi »

Sorry, but the instructions say install the debug version, then say get the debug viewer. Is that the same thing?

If not, I'm not seeing a debug installer. Please advise and thank you.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, they're separate things.

Step 4 has the link to the debug build for MediaMonkey: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=86639&sd=d
and step 4.b.2 has the link for DebugView: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896647
svillardi

Post by svillardi »

How do I differentiate between the two versions? Help > About doesn't say anything about debug version though there is a menu option about sending logs, etc.

There's nothing in the start menu, and there is nothing in the program files to indicate a separate .exe file.

Sorry for these rudimentary questions.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Help > Debug only shows on the debug version of MediaMonkey.
svillardi

Post by svillardi »

Done.

When I'm finished with my two issues, do I remove the debug version? If so how? Doesn't look like there is a separate entry in add/remove programs.

Thanks again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can keep using it, or install the regular version on top.
MediaOtter

Post by MediaOtter »

Was there any resolution to this issue, or a bug found? I am experiencing almost the same exact problem.

I did some brief searching, didn't find anything in open issues. I'm also opening a ticket with a debug log of the issue.

EDIT: I didn't realize at the time, but the debug version of the next test release fixed the issue, sorry for the bother!