Replacing Artist with Album Artist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Carnelian

Replacing Artist with Album Artist

Post by Carnelian »

Apologies, firstly for asking what's probably a stupid question (I'm new here), secondly for wanting to do something a bit horrible with my MP3 tags. I've used MM for years but only for very straightforward tasks every year or so.
How can I automatically populate the "Artist" tag with "Album artist" for every mp3 file on a USB stick? Here's why:
I have a new car and the mp3 player is pretty good but unfortunately when I want to browse by artist it does this by track artist rather than album artist. This means that for artists who have a lot of collaborations (e.g. Basement Jaxx) I'm scrolling through pages of "Basement Jaxx feat..." rather than just listing "Basement Jaxx" and then letting me pick which album I want. There's nothing I can do to change this behaviour on the player, so I thought this kludge would be the best way of preserving the tags on the source file and changing them just on the USB stick.
Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Replacing Artist with Album Artist

Post by Lowlander »

Carnelian

Post by Carnelian »

That look like it. Thanks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As another solution You can use sync mask to create folders by Album Artist and then browse by folders to have both navigation available.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts