[REQ] Button for audio transitions on the main playing screen (like the shuffle and loop)

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

F1nchy

[REQ] Button for audio transitions on the main playing screen (like the shuffle and loop)

Post by F1nchy »

Hi guys

I was wondering..... on the main playback screen there are buttons to play shuffled/not shuffled and one to set it to repeat track and repeat all. Personally I never use the second one (I hate hearing the same song/album repeated and my playlists are generally long enough that I don't to loop them) and the only time I actually select it is when I touch it by mistake.

However, an alternative option that I would find really useful be to have a similar button that toggles between the none, gapless and crossfade options that are under Settings > Playback > audio transitions.

A lot of music works really well with it crossfading, but things like dance music really do not (not when they're not beatmatched anyway, which crossfading doesn't do).

So I'm listening to a playlist that's mostly dance music I want it either none or gapless, but when it's things like indie, rock, alternative, chilled stuff I often like it crossfading, and it would be really good to have a quick toggle button to change them without having to go through the six button presses to change it every time.

I was thinking it could either be an addition button, or we have the option to replace the loop button, or even the option to enable/disable both?

Just a thought but I think it would be a really useful (and presumably fairly straightforward) addition for quick toggling.

Thanks!
Snofru

Re: [REQ] Button for audio transitions on the main playing screen (like the shuffle and loop)

Post by Snofru »

Great idea (as an addition button)!
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Peke

Re: [REQ] Button for audio transitions on the main playing screen (like the shuffle and loop)

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately it is not available atm, but more customization is planned in future versions.

I also found out that it is not even possible to control that in MM5 also, so I added this as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19880

I really think it is nice idea, but not technically manageable in MMA ATM.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Sorry, what do you mean it's not available at the moment? Do you mean it's not something that would be possible to implement in the current version?
Peke

Post by Peke »

F1nchy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:23 pm Sorry, what do you mean it's not available at the moment? Do you mean it's not something that would be possible to implement in the current version?
I meant that it is not planned in MMA for now and as explained it is not possible to change that outside Options in MM5 too, so I entered bug for MM5 which can then be used as baseline for MMA implementation.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Ok, thanks for clarifying