Auto-DJ does not work with 'maintain upcoming files' set to None

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

thomasfgoodwin

Auto-DJ does not work with 'maintain upcoming files' set to None

Post by thomasfgoodwin »

With Auto-DJ enabled but 'Automatically maintain {x} upcoming files in Playing list' set to 'None', playback ends at the end of the last (manually added) track in the playing list.

I like having this value set to 'None' so I can play a single track, browse while it is playing, and add more tracks/albums as 'Play Last' without having tracks automatically added in between.* As-is, a setting of 'None' appears to be equivalent to disabling Auto-DJ. Expected/desired behavior is that Auto-DJ adds tracks to Playing list at the last possible second (or at 'Increase play counter' percentage, I guess, if waiting until the end causes issues with gapless playback)

Build 5.0.4.2690

* 'Play Next' obviously works for this, but only if you're already on the last manually-added track

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Auto-DJ does not work with 'maintain upcoming files' set to None

Post by Lowlander »

The function of Auto-DJ is to automatically add files, so yes, setting it to None can les this out.
thomasfgoodwin

Post by thomasfgoodwin »

Well, if what I describe is intended behavior, is there a way to get what I want? I want tracks I've added manually as 'play last' to play before anything that was added by Auto-DJ.

With nothing playing, I want to 'play now' Track A, then with Track A playing, 'play next' Album B and 'play last' Album C
and have it result in
Track A, Album B, Album C, 1st Auto DJ Track, 2nd Auto DJ Track

The way it works now, what I don't want, is that Auto DJ adds tracks immediately if the # of items in the Playlist list is below the threshold, and does not remove them or move them to the end if the # of items increases above that threshold, so items are added while Track A is playing and the resulting order is
Track A, Album B, 1st Auto DJ Track, 2nd Auto DJ Track, Album C

Hopefully you can see why I thought leaving Auto DJ activated but setting 'upcoming tracks' to 'None' would result in exactly in what I was looking for. I don't care about seeing the upcoming Auto DJ selected tracks in the list, I just want to playback to be continuous while it is activated, and for my intended play order to be preserved
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, Auto-DJ adds files, it doesn't play files.