Flac files disappeared!

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JackCasual

Flac files disappeared!

Post by JackCasual »

Hello,

I am using MM 4.1.31.1919. I have used MM for years with very little issues.
Today, when working with Playlists, I discovered that certain flac files were missing from the playlist. Then, I discovered that
there were no flac files listed in the whole library. Flac files comprise at least 50% of that Library. When checking the acual drive where the files are contained, everything including flac is there and playable via FOOBAR and the rest. Playlists with flac files play fine, so the problems rests with MM.
When checking the settings, the setting for OS Integration no longer lists a selection for flac! The other audio files formats of choice are there (ALAC, MP3, wav, etc.), it's just missing the flac selection. It just isn't there anymore....

I'm hoping I don't have to un-install/re-install the whole program! Not much fun there....

Any help with be very much appreciated.

THX

Jack

[image][/img]
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Flac files disappeared!

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi,

If you use Windows File Explorer, are you able to right click and "Open With" then select Media Monkey?

You don't mention what version of Windows but this should work for 7 / 10 / 11.
Ian Taylor
JackCasual

Post by JackCasual »

Hello!

Thanks for lending a hand! I'm running Windows 7. I have had MM on this PC for years, with no recent changes.
No, there is no "Open with" option, but I can "run as Administrator" and it has no effect.

Jack
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you reinstall MM4 over the top of existing installation (do not uninstall) Missing FLAC in EXT list usually means it is also missing from Tools -> Options -> Player -> Input Plugins.

If that do not help Please open Support ticket and I'll be glad to try to help you more directly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
JackCasual

Post by JackCasual »

Hello,

Thanks for the help.
I went ahead and re-installed over the existing MM. Used same version.
Good news is, I can see the flac files in the library. Bad news: The files won't play.

I re-scanned the library again . When setting up to scan the library, I noticed I lost the flac files selection again, as well as the OS integration selection. The playlist files are missing the flac files as before.

THX

Jack
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I replied you in the ticket.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts