Lower volume (gain?) level of one song

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

caffeine

Lower volume (gain?) level of one song

Post by caffeine »

I use MM5 on Windows and sync my playlists to my Android phone. One playlist, "Sleep", is what I play (on MM Android) to help me get to sleep.

There's one song on this playlist that is loud enough that it wakes me up. I want to be able to play this one song at a lower volume. I *think* this amounts to setting the song's gain, but I'm not sure.

Can someone please tell me how I can lower the volume of this one song without affecting all the other songs?
Lowlander

Re: Lower volume (gain?) level of one song

Post by Lowlander »

You can manually edit the Track Volume in MediaMonkey for Windows 5. After that you'll need to Sync it again.
caffeine

Post by caffeine »

I'm stumped on how to get this to work.

In MM5 on Windows, I saw that the Track Volume was already +0.1 dB. I know that decibels increase rapidly, so I initially tried -0.1 dB. No difference. I tried experimenting with +/-1 dB, +/-10 dB. Finally went stupid and tried 99 dB. No change in volume (I restarted the song from the beginning after changing the Track Volume.

Any idea why I can't hear any difference in volume no matter how I change the Track Volume?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In MMW5? Is Play > Level Playback volume enabled and is set to use per Track instead of per Album?
caffeine

Post by caffeine »

THANK YOU for the suggestions!

The Level Playback volume was set to Per Album. I'm definitely getting a difference in volume when I play in MM5 for Windows. Hooray! Thank you!!!

When I did wireless sync, I didn't see the file getting synced, so I think the file on my phone still has the previous Track Volume. I checked my sync settings, and I did have "Sync on change of file metadata", but not sure if that file was resynced.

Is there a way of forcing a resync of files without resorting to something brute force like syncing the file under a different filename?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can remove the files from the device, then re-sync. There is no setting to force resync files.