Why does MM sometimes find the wrong album?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Why does MM sometimes find the wrong album?

Post by dtsig »

Currently listening to Barclay James Harvest' album "XII" but it is pulling information up for "Baby James Harvest". Why oh why is it wrong .. I could make one of the tracks available if you want to test it ...

DSig
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Re: Why does MM sometimes find the wrong album?

Post by Lowlander »

Where/how is it showing the wrong information? Are you talking about Artist information in the Playing? Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

hi lowlander ... using 2803 but this has happened in the past so it is not specific to this build. Sorry for being so missing in facts :(
This happens when I click on the Album link in the Now Playing window. Most of the time it works but with some band/album combinations it brings up the wrong one. it would be better to bring up nothing .. or so i think. It looks like you are using the Wikipedia api ... but if i go to Wikipedia and enter Barclay James Harvest and XII I get page not available. Go to Barclay James Harvest and look in discography and it is true .. there is no page. BUt in this case you show "Baby James Harvest".
I know you guys aren't really busy so thought I would give you something to do ;) By the way ... 5 is looking great

dsig
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Interesting:
1 ). Retrospective (Somewhere On The Road)(2016) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English...
2 ). Berlin - A Concert For The People(1982) - A Concert for The People est un album live du groupe britannique de...
3 ). North (2013) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
4 ). Octoberon(1976) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
5 ). Gone To Earth(1977) - Gone to Earth is the eighth studio album by the English rock group Barclay James...
6 ). Legacy(2007) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
7 ). Nexus (1999) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
8 ). Early Morning Onwards(1972) - not found.
9 ). Glasnost(1988) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
10 ). BBC In Concert 1972 (2002) - not found.
11 ). XII(1978) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
12 ). Sea Of Tranquility(2009) - not found.
13 ). Classic Meets Rock(2006) - not found.
14 ). Everyone Is Everybody Else(1974) - Everyone Is Everybody Else is the fifth studio album...
15 ). Revival (2000) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
16 ). Live Tapes(1978) - not found.
17 ). Barclay James Harvest, Once Again(1970) - not found.
18 ). Caught In the Light(1993) - not found.
19 ). All Is Safely Gathered In(2005) - not found.
Ian Taylor
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Here is another example .. more puzzling that the first ...
Playing a song called "Sweet Jenny Lee" by Lead Belly from the album "Lead Belly's Last Sessions".
MM came up with album "Last Sessions" by Lenny Breau. I get that the album name is part of the search album .. but the artist should have been a clue .. ;)
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

IanRTaylorUK wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:01 pm Interesting:
1). Retrospective (Somewhere On The Road)(2016) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English...
2). Berlin - A Concert For The People(1982) - A Concert for The People est un album live du groupe britannique de...
3). North (2013) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
4). Octoberon(1976) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
5). Gone To Earth(1977) - Gone to Earth is the eighth studio album by the English rock group Barclay James...
6). Legacy(2007) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
7). Nexus (1999) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
8). Early Morning Onwards(1972) - not found.
9). Glasnost(1988) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
10). BBC In Concert 1972 (2002) - not found.
11). XII(1978) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
12). Sea Of Tranquility(2009) - not found.
13). Classic Meets Rock(2006) - not found.
14). Everyone Is Everybody Else(1974) - Everyone Is Everybody Else is the fifth studio album...
15). Revival (2000) - Baby James Harvest is the fourth album by English progressive rock band Barclay James...
16). Live Tapes(1978) - not found.
17). Barclay James Harvest, Once Again(1970) - not found.
18). Caught In the Light(1993) - not found.
19). All Is Safely Gathered In(2005) - not found.
Yeah they only have about 6 that are linked to.
dsig
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

The band 'The Electric Flag' brings up 'Red Flag'. ... not even the same genre :)
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

The Pineapple Thief album "Magnolia" brings up nothing ... easy find on wikipedia
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Wikipedia doesn't have Baby James Harvest Artist article.
dtsig wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:25 pm The band 'The Electric Flag' brings up 'Red Flag'. ... not even the same genre :)
I can't reproduce, for me it did bring up The Electric Flag.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

yeah ... never mind. I have been used to the errors in mm so long when bringing up album/artist. Probably be shocked it it got them all right :)
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Today is strange .. nothing is coming up .. John Lennon, The Cardigans, Otis Redding, John Lee Hooker, Dave Matthews Band, Savoy Brown and the list goes on ...

Adding The Beatles, The Yardbirds and Frank Sinatra ... i have yet to have a lookup work today
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

How can I test this??? what service are you using for the lookup?

Dsig
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This should be working again now.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

thanks for fixing whatever was wrong ..

DSig
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig