No background tasks! [#18866]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Re: No background tasks! [#18866]

Post by rusty »

If anyone experiences extended background scanning/processing in build 1086+ please provide us with a debug log ID.

Thank you!

-Rusty
CosmicKnowledge

Re: No background tasks!

Post by CosmicKnowledge »

In no case should it ever automatically scan. It's a mobile device and you have to assume that a user will have full battery life to listen to music. In my case, I travel on aircraft all the time. I can't listen to music for more than an hour because scanning eats up all the battery life. Scanning should only happen during sync in every case, without exception. At that time it is safe to assume the user can have the device plugged in. Otherwise, you are making the media player a paperweight by requiring scanning at any time. MM doing scanning has limited my playtime to less than an hour at least 9 times already.

martin.bohac wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:11 am Yes, this is standard behavior. MMA starts scanning when opens(after at least half an hour in idle).
If there are no changes, scanning should take a few seconds only.
If scanning takes more time, there must be some changes or some issues.
The issue is tracked already here:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18866

Unfortunately, your log did not come for an unknown reason.
Please use "save button" instead "send button" in send logs dialog, open a helpdesk ticket and attach a zip file there when the issue occurs again.
Thanks for your patience.
rusty

Post by rusty »

There are 2 things we need to do:
1) Optimize when the scanner runs (it _does_ need to run sometimes e.g. after a sync operation)
2) Figure out why it sometimes takes an hour

The first we can fix without a log, but we really could use a log to help understand what causes the second issue.

Thanks!

-Rusty
CosmicKnowledge

Post by CosmicKnowledge »

rusty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:19 pm There are 2 things we need to do:
1) Optimize when the scanner runs (it _does_ need to run sometimes e.g. after a sync operation)
2) Figure out why it sometimes takes an hour

The first we can fix without a log, but we really could use a log to help understand what causes the second issue.

Thanks!

-Rusty
It's not doing it now. Will the log still be okay? I removed all those folder mappings. I suspect now it's only doing things during sync?
rusty

Post by rusty »

To solve the problem, we'd need you to generate a log after replicating the bug :-(

-Rusty