5.1 Builds will not open

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Ludek

Re: 5.1 Builds will not open

Post by Ludek »

Crocodile73 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:07 am That is the new build, I tried. Installed as a normal install and then as a portable. Still shows the same error.
Are you sure that you installed 2806 : https://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaM ... _Debug.exe
?

If yes, then please submit crash log and write the log ID here, thanks!
Crocodile73

Post by Crocodile73 »

Hi yes I doubled check. Its all in the Ticket #5840.

Gives the following

[00000033 10.88619709 [10128] MM5 [5380](B) Crash in chromium message loop: Access violation at address 66137EB3 in module 'libcef.dll'. Read of address 00000010]
Crocodile73

Post by Crocodile73 »

I guess this issue will not be fixed.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you try to start NO GPU BAT file from MM install folder?

If that do not help can you please open support ticket so that we can do more direct approach to issue?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Crocodile73

Post by Crocodile73 »

I have tried that already. I opened a ticket when it started and provide all the logs etc.

Ticket 5840
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not for now, dev will answer in Ticket if anything more is needed.

EDIT: Just to explain some facts your Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470T CPU and Which include Intel® HD Graphics 2500 IGP alongside AMD Radeon HD 78xxM Series Mobile IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) is 10 years old and by both ATi, Microsoft and Chromium (MM based UI on it) is outdated and crashes can happen when more quality renderer and feature is needed that your GPU do not support. Personally with such 10+ years old PCs (that can usually work normally and fast) I had success stories using Custom ATi legacy drivers from Amernime Zone, but be careful as they are non AMD drivers and may not work. Also you are running Microsoft Windows 11 Professional 64-bit on unsupported hardware (I know it can be installed with hacks and tweaks) which appear work normally (Even faster than on some 7 years younger PCs) you can expect issues. I also noticed few things eg. you have 12GB of RAM (8+4) that most likely runs in Single mode which can slowdown PC for 10-30% too.

I meant to say that it will be very hard to fetch exact cause of crashing, especially as it is in Chromium engine that we did not made :(
Best regards,
Peke
Crocodile73

Post by Crocodile73 »

i appreciate your reply. But i'm using the up to date modified drivers and made no difference. I have used chromium build 109 as well, without any crashes. Ran Media monkey 5.0.4 and lower without one issue. Anyway i attached log file to the ticket as requested
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Great, thank you for the patience and all provided details, we unfortunately do not have PC that exhibits such issues, but we hope we will gather enough feedback to figure out what is missing in order to fix it.
Best regards,
Peke