b1086: Play Next does Play Now [#20053]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

b1086: Play Next does Play Now [#20053]

Post by gordol »

Setup background: In MMW I discovered a few tracks erroneously with a rating of "Unknown" which was causing them to be missed in every smart playlist I have, so I fixed that. That landed them into my "rated, not heard" smart playlist, and then I synched. They are now on my phone, all well and good so far.

On the phone, I had MMA paused in the first second of a song in Currently Playing. Went to the playlist in question, long-pressed one of the tracks -> three dot menu -> Play Next.

Expected behavior: Add the selected item to the Now Playing after the currently paused track.
Actual behavior: Selected item started playing immediately pushing what was paused back as if it was being skipped (ie, "play now" behavior").

So I hit the Pause button, then swiped the track info area to skip back to the skipped track and made sure it was not playing anything and put the phone away.

About a half hour later (timing probably does not matter), I picked up the phone and hit PLAY.
Expected behavior: Start playing the song currently displayed in Now Playing, when finished play the next queued item
Actual behavior: The currently showing item was SKIPPED AGAIN to start playing the track I manually added via "play next".

And since it was asked on another report, all of this was being done within the MMA app interface, not via one of the widgets.
gordol

Re: b1086: Play Next does Play Now

Post by gordol »

This happened a couple more times today. Currently playing track paused manually in the MMA app or automatically by disconnecting from Android Auto, resume playing a few minutes later, and it skipped to the next track instead. I tried to replicate it and got the following results:

Immediate pause/play, no problem. Pause, switch to the device home screen, switch back to MMA immediately and play, no problem. With a short (less than 30 second) screen off in between going to the device home screen and turning it back on, switch back to MMA and play, no problem. But give it at least a minute in pause and the skip happened on hitting play. Track could be anywhere in the playback time.

So, it's not "Play next does play now", it's "resume playback after a pause skips current track"

Captured a log: B5EYT55ILT
CountZeroOr

Post by CountZeroOr »

That sounds a lot like the issue I'm having as well.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks! It's part of the resume from pause bug (we have a fix ready for the next build).

-Rusty
gordol

Re: b1086: Play Next does Play Now [#20053]

Post by gordol »

Is there an ETA for this next build?
rusty

Post by rusty »

A beta build is expected Wednesday or Thursday.

-Rusty
gordol

Post by gordol »

rusty wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:03 pm A beta build is expected Wednesday or Thursday.
What's the ETA now for the new build? This bug affecting actual playback is getting really, really annoying.
rusty

Post by rusty »

We submitted the build on Friday, but for some reason it's still 'in review' :-(

Hopefully it'll get approved soon.

-Rusty
gordol

Post by gordol »

Someone needs to yell at Google, I'm still not seeing a new build. Still stuck on 1086.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I agree--it's ridiculous that it takes a week to approve a beta build.

If this isn't resolved by tonight (7 days later) I think we'll have to start sharing internal builds with users who are interested.

-Rusty
gordol

Post by gordol »

I have an MDM on my phone that locks down some security items... I don't know if I can install outside of the Google or Samsung stores without removing the MDM.
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, this is fixed in build 1089 which is now rolling out if you're subscribed to test builds. Let us know if it works for you.

Thanks!

-Rusty
gordol

Post by gordol »

b1089 appears to have fixed this. So far over the past day, no skip-on-resume.