Song title now equals artist

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

kakoran

Song title now equals artist

Post by kakoran »

MMW4 and 5, song title now equals artist. The files haven't changed. I've delete and rebuilt the database. Uninstalled 5 and installed 4. Same result with the song title now showing as the artist. File name format is \album artist\album\title. Can change the properties to correct artist, but i have over a 1k albums. How do i correct please?
Lowlander

Re: Song title now equals artist

Post by Lowlander »

And is Artist now Title? Or is this an issue in the Filename?
kakoran

Post by kakoran »

Here is an example of the file path: ...\Abair, Mindi\Come as You Are\Come as You Are.mp3. This file path structure hasn't changed. The program is reflecting "Come as You Are" for the title and the artist, not Abair, Mindi (for the artist) as reflected in the file path for the song. Up until a couple weeks ago the list was properly listing the songs by title and artists. Come as You Are is also the name of the album and this is showing correctly.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could use Auto-Tag from Filename to fix. Do make sure you verify the changes before applying them.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

So what mask does it use initially to read info from filename freshly loaded?

I always thought that if my filename was "artist - songtitle.mp3, it would read those on initial scan, if there are no tags present.

Can this also be configured differently?
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There are a few, set in the ini. You can disable Infer Properties and manually use Auto-Tag from Filename to have control.