Volume levelling doesn't work when casting [#104380]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Bigginge

Volume levelling doesn't work when casting [#104380]

Post by Bigginge »

Hi, my music is largely Flac, volume analysed by MMW. Volume levelling works fine on MMW and MMA playing to wired speakers and via Bluetooth.

I've recently put in a Wiim pro to cast to by wifi and can't find a way to volume level using MM. I'm now using Hifi Cast to access my music in MMW and casting to the Wiim. The volume levelling option in Hifi Cast is working perfectly.

Is there anything in plan for MMW / MMA to volume level when casting?

Thanks, Mike
Lowlander

Re: Volume levelling

Post by Lowlander »

So, casting from MMA fails, but casting from MMW (via other app) works? Are you sure MMW is not set to volume level the files it sends? For MMA, it would be up to the client to volume level.
Bigginge

Post by Bigginge »

Casting works in all cases but I can only get volume normalisation when using Hifi Cast. I have volume levelling set in MMW and MMA and these work playing wired or Bluetooth but not when casting.

If Hifi Cast can do it, it must be technically possible for MM too and I'm wondering if that is in the development plan or can be added?

Thanks, Mike
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You meant that hifi cast is playing from MMW, is that not the case? MMA in the meanwhile is playing files from the device?
Bigginge

Post by Bigginge »

Hifi Cast is playing from MMW, casting to Wiim. I've tried MMA casting to Wiim with local files and playing from MMW and in neither case is it normalising volume.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I'm not sure how the device you're using receives MMA streams, but I can confirm that when casting to Google cast and/or DLNA devices, MMA doesn't level volume.

Tracking at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20071

-Rusty
Bigginge

Re: Volume levelling doesn't work when casting [#104380]

Post by Bigginge »

Thanks Rusty