GUI Control Placement during Playback

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

adamlove

GUI Control Placement during Playback

Post by adamlove »

Hi there team,

Loving MMA. When I'm listening though, I've noticed that the placement of the play/pause/seek/ratings section is in the most inconvenient section of the screen (down the bottom).

If you hold your phone in one hand, and try to seek, or click play/pause/previous/next (anything down there), it's not possible because your thumb can't reach down there.

If Artwork was moved to the bottom of the screen, and Scroll/Seek/Rating/Shuffle etc above the artwork, it would be a lot easier to use.

What are the chances of being able to have these controls moved further up the screen, so that it's accessible with either thumb, or for those who only have a single hand?

Second bit of hopefully useful feedback: Such a large part of the screen is taken up by the artwork, which is fine because it looks great. However, if you drag your finger left/right over the artwork, it shifts forward or back tabs to "queue" or "lyrics".

Given the Previous |< and Next >| buttons are undoubtedly used a lot more than lyrics, but their buttons only take up a very small part of the screen, perhaps dragging the artwork left/right could instead be used also as previous/next buttons.

Let me know your thoughts on these two points! Both would make MediaMonkey much easier especially when you only have one hand haha.

Many thanks,
Adam
Peke

Re: GUI Control Placement during Playback

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That really depends on Screen and DPI size I can reach normally even Cast To button with thumb if phone is in Left hand.

We also added swipe on Track name which executes PREV/NEXT this is especially useful when you have MMA on head unit and you need to watch road, rather than MMA.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
adamlove

Post by adamlove »

Ah I see - swipe on track name is great - thank you!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
My pleasure.

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts