"filename_1.ext" duplicate file creation problem

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

KthugS

"filename_1.ext" duplicate file creation problem

Post by KthugS »

Hello
I've been really headache with this problem for months, and I've put together a situation where this problem reproduces.

1) When copying files without using mmw and mma
"E:\Music\album artist\album\*"
"SD CARD\Music\album artist\album\*"
The filename, path, and metadata are all the same.
mma run -> add library folder -> library scanning
When scanning is complete and wi-fi synchronization is executed, a duplicate file "filename_1.ext" is created in the same folder.

2) When mmw or mma goes "not responding" during wifi sync or sync should have been stopped for some other reason
Sync Interrupted -> library scanning
and soon Restart wi-fi sync -> library scanning -> Syncing
Previously interrupted files are downloaded
It also creates a duplicate file "filename_1.ext".

3) If everything works fine but mma data is reset.
mma run -> add library folder -> library scanning
When scanning is complete and wi-fi synchronization is executed, a duplicate file "filename_1.ext" is created in the same folder.

To get out of the "filename_1.ext" file creation problem, you must delete all tracks on the sd card and synchronize from beginning to end with wi-fi sync.
However, it is not completely reliable because it is ultimately related to 2) and 3) mentioned above.

I haven't looked at all the tracks, but some of them have something in common that I suspect.

Among the metadata, only (track)artist and title are the same songs are on PC and SD card.
\music\album artist"A"\1st Album\01 - SONG.FLAC
\music\album artist"A"\best of\04 - SONG.FLAC
\music\Various Artists\compilation\CD2\12 - SONG.FLAC

When situations 1), 2), 3) occur, there is a high possibility that duplicate files will be created on the SD card as shown below when executing wi-fi sync.
SD CARD\music\album artist"A"\1st Album\01 - SONG.FLAC
SD CARD\music\album artist"A"\1st Album\01 - SONG_1.FLAC

another example 1)
SD CARD\music\album artist"A"\best of\01 - SONG.FLAC
SD CARD\music\album artist"B"\best of\12 - SONG.FLAC
(track)artist = A feat. B
title = SONG
after sync
SD CARD\music\album artist"A"\best of\01 - SONG.FLAC
SD CARD\music\album artist"A"\best of\01 - SONG_1.FLAC
SD CARD\music\album artist"B"\best of\12 - SONG.FLAC

another example 2)
SD CARD\music\album artist"A"\best of\01 - SONG.FLAC -- There is only this file on the sd card yet.
after sync
SD CARD\music\album artist"A"\best of\01 - SONG.FLAC -- keep it as it is
SD CARD\music\album artist"A"\best of\01 - SONG_1.FLAC -- duplicate file
SD CARD\music\album artist"B"\best of\12 - SONG.FLAC -- It has been downloaded correctly.

Commonly, it occurs when mma app data is empty and library data is created by scanning tracks that exist on the sd card.
It happens to mp3 as well as FLAC.
In mma -> album -> track list, both the original and the copy are shown or only the copy is shown.
Could this be because there are too many sync files?

As if it was difficult due to this problem, the 1TB MICRO SD card also died in 2-3 months. (Now I got the exchange. Thank you sandisk)
I really hope this gets resolved.
Lowlander

Re: "filename_1.ext" duplicate file creation problem

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW (Help > About) are you experiencing this with?
KthugS

Re: "filename_1.ext" duplicate file creation problem

Post by KthugS »

mmw 5.0.4.2690
mma 2.0.0.1086
Resetting mmw and mma or cleanly deleting and reconfiguring had no effect.

If there are media files on the sd card, delete them all -> Download them all again with wi-fi sync -> Only when I did this, the problem did not occur again.

Every time mma is updated I checked to see if this issue is fixed.
Reset mma -> complete library scan -> try wi-fi sync and this problem is reproduced.

In the end, in order to get it back, I had to delete all the files and repeat the wi-fi full sync, so the sd card would have a huge load.

wi-fi syncing to the replaced sd card.
When I tried it before, the sync was interrupted halfway through and when I tried again I noticed that it re-downloaded duplicate files.
So I'm deleting all the files on the sd card and syncing again.
I'm going to leave the device untouched, and maybe everything will be done right.

Tags are organized based on musicbrainz in the pc library, and folders are organized by artist and album.
If you are synchronizing the entire library using mma, search for _1. in the sd card and android file explorer.