Sync crash and other problems

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

bizzino80

Sync crash and other problems

Post by bizzino80 »

Log ID: 58E127SSX3
Description: hi, I've been having problems with synchronization for some time now, the latest files added to mm4 are often not synchronized (until plugins like similarartist and lastnodefm are on mm5 I don't feel like upgrading....) . also sometimes kicking playlists via mm4 after syncing to MMA deletes the playlists but not the playlist files... two days ago while playing a playlist on MMA the software crashed and I lost all metadata... from yesterday I try to resynchronize the metadata but I have constant crashes ... MMA 2.0.0.1086. MM4 latest version. Samsung s20 Fe 4g
Peke

Re: Sync crash and other problems

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As soon as MMA crashes use ☰ -> ? -> Send Logs -> Write LOG ID here before you enter email and send. that will tell us what happened during last crash.

Fyi MM5 have own RELATED artist natively in Artist pages. As for last.FM Node it still needs to be ported to MM5.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bizzino80

Post by bizzino80 »

Hi, thank you very much for your reply and for the effort you put in! it seems to me that the id at the beginning of my message was just the one just after the crash... I still have the auto-send on crash option enabled. after several failed attempts, MMA did background operations (library check I guess) and the sync was successful. I believe in any case there are also problems in scanning the library, as often files actually present on the device are not recognized (and these are excluded from the playlists imported from mm4). as regards related artists on mm5 I saw that the function is present, but the convenience of generating large playlists automatically from a single song is the thing that interests me the most, and in this similarartist and lastnodefm are great ... hello and Thanks again!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
bizzino80 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:44 am but the convenience of generating large playlists automatically from a single song is the thing that interests me the most
Can you explain this in bit more details, not sure what you actually want to archive there. From what I understand similar to related artists you want to have suggestions on similar tracks that most people listen together with one you selected or?
Best regards,
Peke
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Re. files not being synced properly: so if I understand you correctly, the files that don't sync correctly do not appear in MMA, but do appear in a file manager and can be played in other music apps?

If you navigate in MMA to Folders > Library > storage location do the files show up?

Is there anything special about the files that sync incorrectly? (e.g. are they a particular format? are they stored to a particular location?)

Thanks!

btw, re. a 'find similar artists' function in MMA, I agree that it would be useful. It's likely that we'd only consider it in the future as there are a lot of more basic functions that still need attention.

-Rusty
bizzino80

Post by bizzino80 »

HI! the files present in the playlists on mm4 are not synchronized on MMA (they are not really present on the mobile phone memory), for example a playlist of 1000 songs on mm4 results in 979 songs on MMA, even after various synchronizations ... the formats are all MP3, and are in the same folder, so I don't think it depends on that... one thing I've noticed is that often the unsynchronized files have been "recently" added to mm4... hello and thanks again
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
There is more than 50 Playlist sync tracks related improvements in MM5. I remember that there was similar issue reported that we fixed.
Best regards,
Peke
bizzino80

Post by bizzino80 »

Peke wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:21 pm Hi,
bizzino80 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:44 am but the convenience of generating large playlists automatically from a single song is the thing that interests me the most
Can you explain this in bit more details, not sure what you actually want to archive there. From what I understand similar to related artists you want to have suggestions on similar tracks that most people listen together with one you selected or?
HI. By similarartist ( https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... artists-1/) I mean the plugin that automatically creates playlists on mm4 starting from a single song using the last .fm database. I find it very convenient especially in the case of very large libraries... the lastnode .fm plugin also works in a similar way, and even in that case I think it is very useful for creating new playlists...