Swap ALAC M4A for AAC M4A

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

telecore

Swap ALAC M4A for AAC M4A

Post by telecore »

My CD rips are in m4A/ALAC format. I have a process via javascript to create and update M4A/AAC copies of each with the exact same filename and metadata as the ALAC version and store it in a parallel folder. Is there a way that I can rename folders to effectively swap the ALAC versions out for AAC and vice-versa, and get MM5 to re-scan all of the files to update its database with the proper bit rate, etc? (All other metadata should be otherwise the same).

Previously in MM4, there was a way to do this, but I can't seem to find a way in MM5 and add/rescan files does not work. The purpose of this is to get MM5 to sync QAAC encoded M4A/AAC copies to devices.
Lowlander

Re: Swap ALAC M4A for AAC M4A

Post by Lowlander »

You can use Auto-Conversion during Sync to get files synced in a different format than on your PC.

Locate Moved/Missing Files is maybe what you used, otherwise it may have been a Third Party Addon.
telecore

Post by telecore »

Thanks for the reply - I do know about auto conversion and use it, however, the M4A/AAC files created by the MM5 faac encoder often times will not play on Denon audio equipment via HEOS or USB. Also, qaac is higher quality. Any chance of adding a feature to allow for an external encoder for auto conversion?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
For now external encoder function is not supported. It was tried in past that ended in more problems than it fixed.

We are always willing to review.

Can you open support Ticket and send us DL links to same file, one encoded in MM and one encoded with qaac?

EDIT: Even better please send us DL Link of also source file you used for encoding (WAV, FLAC) so that we can check and see what can be improved.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts