Batch M3U Creator 2.7 - Updated 23/09/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Batch M3U Creator 2.2 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

The "FileMappings" post is a workaround that will make the script work until I can fix the script properly and release a new version. The .ini will depend on what system you are using but try your %APPDATA% folder or your %LOCALAPPDATA% folder.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DarthNihilius

Post by DarthNihilius »

Thanks for the quick reply.
I found the file. I'll try this out later.
DarthNihilius

Post by DarthNihilius »

Trix, thanks for the help. Worked like a charm!!
Deerhaven

Post by Deerhaven »

Thanks for putting all of these tools together.
I'm having the same trouble as others with all of the playlists showing up in the root directory. I found the MediaMonkey.ini file in my C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey directory. I then edited out the [FilenameMappings] section and deleted the line reading "5C=2D" but the script continued to dump the playlists into the root. As an experiment I then deleted all of the elements under [FilenameMappings] but this didn't change anything - just thought I'd try it and see what happened.

Other ideas as to how to redirect the m3u files into their proper sub-directories?

I'm running XP, MM 3.2.0.1294 and version 2.2 of your m3u creator program.

Thanks again,
J
Deerhaven

Post by Deerhaven »

Hey - I just tried it again for the fifth or sixth time and it worked! Very cool tool.

Thanks again,
J
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You need to have MM closed when you edit the file. I will fix this properly in the next version. I'm glad you like my scripts, always nice to hear! :D
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
otterinla

Post by otterinla »

Or you can paste the following in notepad and save it as m3uMaker.bat copy it into the folder you want the m3u created in and dbl click it.

dir /b *.mp3 >00 - playlist.m3u
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Tiro wrote:When creating the playlist for a virtual CD I'm ending up with "?:\Track04.cda" as the pathinfo for the track within the playlist. Is there any possibility to get the path of the ripped mp3 file instead?
Why not build the playlist from the ripped tracks instead of the virtual CD?
trixmoto

Re: Batch M3U Creator 2.3 - Updated 21/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.3) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Removed old MM2 code for performance
- Fixed correcting of filepath not working correctly
- Added confirmation screen with options stored in ini file
- Added option to run for current filter
- Fixed relative paths when not in full path mode
- Added option to control unicode behaviour
- Added update server to installation package.

Technically speaking .m3u files should not include any unicode characters, the unicode equivalent is .m3u8 - to support this you can either select to save as .m3u and convert to ASCII, or use a mixed mode which will create .m3u if ASCII and .m3u8 if unicode. However, I have also added options to force unicode and define the extension as .m3u or .m3u8 for all playlists. The mode you select will depend on the device you are wanting to use the playlists for.
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

So, I'm not sure if your script could do this or not. Maybe I could edit it so it would work if it doesn't already. Or maybe there is another batch playlist creator that does this. I want to create playlists that will let other people play my songs on my webserver. So when you open the playlist file it starts streaming from my website. Any way to do this?
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think to provide streaming it would be a lot more complex than just a playlist.
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

It isn't. If you could change the path that the .mp3 files get in the .m3u file, when the "write full track path" box is selected, from the local address to the URL you could download the .m3u file on any machine, and then use these playlists to stream the music. So in my particular instance I would need C:\Users\Hunter\Music\<artist>\<album>\<track #>-<title>.mp3 changed to http://my.web.address/Music/<artist>/<album>/<track #>-<title>.mp3 and I could stream my music to my 3g phone. This seems like if would be a relatively simple upgrade that would provide an awesome new use for this script. All you would need is a box that asks the user what part of the path to get rid of e.g. C:\Users\Hunter\ and what to replace it with e.g. http://my.web.server/, and then change all the \ to /.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Have you tried using the Directory field and put "http://my.web.address/Music/" in it?
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

I thought that just changes where the playlist is located, not the paths of the song files. I need the paths of the files to be the entire web address, or else once I download the playlist and try and open it the media player is going to look in the download folder for the songs, and not at the web address the playlist came from.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Sounds like a job for a text editor, or, if you have a lot of files, then Gawk could handle it nicely.

PS: A Gawk Primer
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies