Batch M3U Creator 2.7 - Updated 23/09/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Batch M3U Creator 2.3 - Updated 21/01/2010

Post by trixmoto »

Oh yeah, sorry. Like Owyn has said, generate all the playlists in one folder (presumably if you're uploading them to a webserver this is what you want anyway) and then use any text editor which has a search/replace function that works on multiple files (I'd recommend TextPad myself).
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Yeah, Fookes NoteTab (Light or Pro) is another text editor option.
It supports open all files in folder and search&replace in all open files.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

Ok, I'll use one of these for the time being, but it is a bit inconvenient to have to use a separate program to edit a text file every time I import a new album to MM. MY friend, who knows more about coding then I do is working on editing your current script to include the possibility of URL locations. If he is able to implement it do you want me to upload the code here?
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yep, I put it on my list for the next version, but I'm working on other things so I don't know how long before I get round to it. If he can help you out with something before hand then that's cool, email it to me (or post it here) and I'll put it in the next version with a credit.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Re: Batch M3U Creator 2.4 - Updated 13/03/2010

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.4) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added option to replace root path of tracks in playlist
- Fixed "write full track path" not remembering setting

By adding "old prefix" and "new prefix" fields I have made it possible to amend the path of the tracks in the M3U from the calculated value, this works best with "write full track paths" enabled but this is not mandatory. You can either remove a prefix by populating old and not new, or add a prefix by populating new and not old, or replace a prefix by populating both. If the new prefix is web based (contains "/" instead of "\") then the whole path will be updated to reflect this.
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

Your awesome for doing that for me man. My buddy couldn't get around to it (school) and so I've been trying to find a workaround, but that is awesome, thanks again.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm glad it works for you. :)
jonp

Post by jonp »

Hi trixmoto -thanks for the script. Years ago when hard disks where expensive I used to only keep one copy of each track (to save space). eg: If Album 1 contained Song A and Album 2 also contained Song A, I would delete Song A from Album 2. An example of when this would occur is if I had the album of a particular artist and then Song A appeared on a compilation album or on a Best Of album.
A feature request for this script would be to create playlists for albums that also looked for tracks within a library that should appear on the album. eg look up album tracks from an internet source, check what songs are contain in library (regardless of what album tag they have) and create playlist.
Cheers, Jon
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

So you want it to try and find the missing tracks within your library as well so that it can build the full playlist?
jonp

Post by jonp »

Yep - perfect. There may not be a large need for this functionality but if simple to do I think it would be a great addition to your script.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This would involve a significant change to the way the script works but I'll add it to my list. It may end up being another script, when I get round to it! :)
jonp

Post by jonp »

Thanks mate
donector

Post by donector »

hi trixmoto, thank you for this script
nevertheless it does not work at all for me.. :-(
does it only work with tracks from the db????
i have albums that have not yet archived and added to my collection.. is this the reason i get nothing going on?
(i also have the external usb drive unplugged)

thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, you'll find that most scripts using the scripting methods to access tracks and this relies on them being in the database. For a script to read the file system itself would be very slow indeed.
donector

Post by donector »

hi trixmoto

noted, when i choose files from a folder it doesn't work as it is not meant to be working with files directly.........

however i have now added my mp3s entry folder to the library (new additions to my collection to which I want to include, each album with its own playlist), and then choose files from inside the library (from "location" node inside the db) .......after attempting to run the script from there, i get error 450 with generatePath function, line 686 column 4...if i pick files from, for example , artist->album (db node) it does work

any chance to fix this?

thanks