Batch M3U Creator 2.7 - Updated 23/09/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

allart

Re: Batch M3U Creator 2.7 - Updated 23/09/2012

Post by allart »

Hello,

Some albums in my database are duplicates, and I'd like to keep it that way. When I make a selection in MM with the column browser, I use "Folder" as one of the columns. This way it is possible to select the tracks from a specific folder. When I create an m3u playlist, all folders are processed. So, the duplicates are also in the m3u file.
Would it be possible to restrict the selection to the chosen Folder? Or maybe the pre-selection could be done in another way?

Allart
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No, this script doesn't do any selection or filtering of tracks within the album, it always includes the whole album.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MickRob

Post by MickRob »

Many thanks for providing this script.

I manage my music libary with Media Monkey (Gold) and play my music around the house using Sonos. I have a very large music library and often cannot remember which albums I have recently purchased and want to listen to. Sonos does not have the ability to list recently added albums.

I use your script to create a playlist for all new albums saving them in a folder that Sonos indexes. Hence when I run Sonos I can access these playlists from the Sonos controller and easily choose which of these newly purchased albums to play.

Once again many thanks for your efforts - this is the script I have been lookinhg for.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm glad you've found the script useful. Thanks for taking the time to post - much appreciated :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
djandrius

Post by djandrius »

For some unknown reason - script started to crash MM when I try to generate m3u for a big library of over 2500 albums. "Batch M3U Creator" always crashes on albums 170 or 171 or 172, however generating m3u just for the album that is showing it got stuck on I have no issues.

Windows event log shows MM got hung by the b@11$ any time 'Batch M3U Creator" get's stuck

The program MediaMonkey.exe version 4.0.7.1511 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 230
Start Time: 01ce01a28b93a720
Termination Time: 12
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.exe

I've tried to enable debug in "Batch M3U Creator"options, however where is that log file generated as I seriously can't find any debug info.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The debug file should be created in your %TEMP% directory. I could simply be a memory problem and the WScript just isn't allocating enough. You may need to run it in smaller batches.
djandrius

Post by djandrius »

Thank you trixmoto! Never even thought about going to %temp% directory. There is room in GUI, you should mention location file is saved to ;)

There is plenty of RAM on that box and had successfully generated m3u's before for an entire collection.

Log file showed that it was already in the process on different album, while in MM GUI was still showing previous GUI. Trying to generate an m3u on that one album, generated a crash too.

************log file***************
BatchM3UCreator: Initialising...
(Selected albums = 1)
-1:2609
--(Starting)
--(Saving in unicode)
--M:\Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark\1981 - Architecture & Morality\Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark-Architecture & Morality-1981.m3u
--(Previous backed up)
---M:\Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark\1981 - Architecture & Morality\01 - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - The New Stone Age.flac
---M:\Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark\1981 - Architecture & Morality\02 - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - She's Leaving.flac

And here is the bug or non-intended behavior depends how you look at it...

1. Windows is non-case sensitive OS (doh)
2. Library is in case-sensitive NAS (readynas running custom Debian) and mapped as network drive on Windows7
3. Batch M3u creator mask is: "<Artist>-<Album>-<Year>"
4. Select album where at least one Album has different case e.g. 'Fly on the wall' and one or more tracks 'Fly On The Wall'
5. Generate M3U in MM4.
6. M3U will crash taking down MM4

as soon as I fixed case sensitivity in tags, entire library had re-generated tags without any issues.

P.S. Is there any help file you use what tags can be used? I'd like to use an <Album Artist> that does not appear to work.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ah right, yes, that would explain it.

The mask fields are listed at the top of the comment in the script file... <Artist><Album><Year><Tracks><Length><Rating><Discs><Path1><Path2><Path3>

In this case the <Artist> is the album artist, as everything is driven from the album level, so there's no point adding <Album Artist> as well.
vbs_guest

Post by vbs_guest »

Sorry, I have trouble getting this little gem to work:
I am using MM 4.0.7.1511 and version 2.7 of this plugin. But whatever I try when I git the "OK" button in the script just nothing happens, no m3u is being created :(

This is how the dialog looks for me after selecting the songs of one album and starting the script:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/246 ... ubatch.jpg

This is the content of the debug log file:

Code: Select all

BatchM3UCreator: Initialising...
(Selected albums = 1)
<END>
Many thanks in advance!
vbs

Post by vbs »

Ok, I think I know what I did wrong:
You have to add the tracks to the library first. :)

Then I had another issue: The script told me "out of memory" caused it tried to create the path in an endless loop. The drive is a network mapped drive and the script sees it as "?:\MyMusic". (Note the '?')
So I added the music directly by the network as UNC path and now it works :)
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

A great script, thanks.

I use it to periodically auto-create a playlist for each album that I haven't heard for a long while. The playlists are output to my NAS, where they are picked up by the DLNA server on there, and are available to MediaMonkey Android.

This is great because it enables me to be prompted about music that I have neglected, when my PC & therefore the Windows version of MediaMonkey, is powered off. Great late at night with a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

I would help if <genre> was available as a file name mask, but even without that, your script turns a job that would be too tiresome to contemplate, into a breeze.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's a little more difficult, because it's not an album level value, it's track level. But I can look at adding it in for albums which all tracks have the same genre, or something like that. I'm glad you've found the script useful.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

trixmoto wrote:It's a little more difficult, because it's not an album level value, it's track level. But I can look at adding it in for albums which all tracks have the same genre, or something like that. I'm glad you've found the script useful.
All of my albums have all tracks set to a common genre, so it would work for me.

At present I filter to each genre within the date-based criteria served up by my custom index, and then type in the genre at the start of the file name mask. If you added genre to the mask it would help me.

Thanks for considering it.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Mr.Gadget

Post by Mr.Gadget »

Am I missing something or is there a bug when creating a playlist with multiple artists? I would like to have a playlist generated in the current album folder with all of the songs titles.

I have all my albums in folders using the format "/genre/Artist - AlbumTitle", and in cases of various artists, as in (OST) Soundtracks, "/Soundtracks/AlbumTitle", or "/genre/Various - AlbumTitle". I know the windows folder format usually has no bearing on how MM handles albums and artists, but I mention it for clarity.

When I select an album with many artists, it displays the track numbers (ex. 1-29), the song titles, Album name, and Artists. I then select Tools, Scripts, Batch M3U Creator (v2.7)

It displays -
Creation mode [Selected: 28 albums] ! One of the Artists has two songs on this album
Root Directory [blank]
Filename Mask [<Album>]
Unicode mode [Convert to ASCII (.m3u)]
Old Prefix [blank]
New Prefix [blank]

Write full track path []
Ignore tracks not in the album folder [checked]
Create playlists in folder above album folder []
Create debug logfile [checked]

When the M3U is generated, it creates a single M3U file, with the last MP3 file entry as "1. <last album artist> - <last album title>"
All of the other 28 song entries are missing.

If I change the Mask to "<Album> - <Artist>", I get 28 M3U files, all with a single entry of the MP3 file for the Artist, except for the Artist with 2 songs.

What is the trick to generate a playlist with multiple artists?

Also, Would I be able to generate playlists in all folders simultaneously for the entire library, or would I have to differentiate between single artist albums and multiple artist albums within the library?

Thanks for your help.
alin_derom

Post by alin_derom »

Hi, will there be a Batch M3U Creator (and ReCreator) version for MM5 ?