Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

LunaC

Re: Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Post by LunaC »

Just installed this cool script and it saves a lot of time working on my files.
I was wondering if you could add the "ok-list" feature to other folders as well? It would be very helpful because right now all categories are full with stuff that is actually ok.
I can work around it with "playlist" feature but the ok-list would be much better.

I also have one problem in the "tracks with..." I have unchecked the last 3 options (about playdate/history) but it is still showing them in the navigation tree.

Greetings and thanks again for this cool script!
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Just starting to use this script, beginning with Multiple Dates. I've studied the first post but I'm afraid I'm none the wiser about the criteria on which these tracks are selected? IOW, what are the inconsistencies between? In my Entire Library of about 7700 tracks it reports 142. But for many of them in Properties, I can see either no dates or just one.

Is there any Help on this, or perhaps some of the posts within these 65 pages?
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Now also trying Tracks With... > Title Starts with Dubious Character

What is 'dubious' about most of those in this example please?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401 ... Char-1.jpg
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
LunaC

Post by LunaC »

Hi terrypin,
I'm just another user of this script so I'm just guessing here.
I'm pretty sure that the ' is one of the dubious characters as well as , . " `´ probably even & or ß (german letter). This feature is still valuable to me because sometimes files with those special characters can cause problems in other programs, systems, players. Probably only in old ones like the ones I have :lol: but I still think it's nice to find them all at once.
Sometimes these special characters appear from downloading, renaming with a programm or just typos so this section is mostly to check if all the dubious characters are actually ok.
I also think that one letter words like "I" are counted as dubious characters (german doesn't have any word that is just consisting of one letter so in this case it would actually be dubious). Maybe even words with just 2 letters(otherwise I can't explain why "Back home again in indiana" is on your list)

The easiest solution for you is to add those characters to the ok list. You find it by right-clicking on "tracks with..." and then choosing "track node settings" doesn't seem to need a divider...

To give you help on the "multiple dates" feature please tell me on which section you are (tracks, albums....) and if you view the properties in media monkey or anywhere else. Can't promise to find an answer but be happy to try.

Greetings, Luna
LunaC

Post by LunaC »

I just had an idea, if you have "albums with..." "multiple dates" and you have an album called e.g. White Noise then it lists like 12 tracks. Some of the tracks have 2014 others 2013 and the rest has no date. All of these files still count as "multiple dates" because they are on the same album and it searches for every album where not all tracks have the same date.
Hope you understand what I mean with it.
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Thanks both, appreciate your suggestions.

However, re Dubious Characters, I'm not challenging the minority of the entries but the majority. All those with a normal capital letter at the start of the title. Why are they in the list?
Last edited by terrypin on Fri May 15, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
LunaC

Post by LunaC »

terrypin wrote:However, re Dubious Characters, I'm not challenging the minority of the entries but the majority. All those with a normal capital letter at the start of the title. Why are they in the list?
I think that the author named that one wrong and it isn't only the titles starting with a dubious character but every doubious character found in the title.
Taking this in account all from the screenshot you provided except "Jingle Bells" and "Back home again in indiana" would work with what I said in my previous post. I could also imaging that there is a spacing too much, you might wanna check that.
But if it is really only about the starting of a title I'm absolutely clueless.
terrypin wrote:And re Multiple Dates, I don't see why albums are relevant in this case. The script says these are tracks with dubious characters at the start - and that's clearly not true.
I saw this as a completely different question. I just chose albums as one example to go through. You asked this question before the one with the screenshot. And I only saw the "multiple dates" category in albums in my library so I went through that.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

On the dubious character ones that look normal, in-line edit a couple to see if they start with an "empty space character".
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

I scrambled my copy/paste in my last para about Multiple Dates, sorry! (I've deleted that now.)

I'll take another look at this in the morning. I suspect it's my misunderstanding about the purpose of this script. At the moment I just don't understand what 'inconsistency' the author means. It needs a few practical examples IMO.
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Also, I'm not certain of this, but candidates for Multiple dates might include "Date, Original Date and Last Played" There is also Date Added and Timestamp.
It seems odd that the last two would be included as they are typically a given for most files.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

terrypin wrote:I scrambled my copy/paste in my last para about Multiple Dates, sorry! (I've deleted that now.)

I'll take another look at this in the morning. I suspect it's my misunderstanding about the purpose of this script. At the moment I just don't understand what 'inconsistency' the author means. It needs a few practical examples IMO.
Did you see the my post about the Dubious Characters?
Last edited by MMFrLife on Fri May 15, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😜
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

MMFrLife wrote:On the dubious character ones that look normal, in-line edit a couple to see if they start with an "empty space character".
I'll scrutinise again in the morning (this comes from iPad) but I looked very closely for that and all text seemed tightly left justified, no spaces.
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

MMFrLife wrote:Also, I'm not certain of this, but candidates for Multiple dates might include "Date, Original Date and Last Played" There is also Date Added and Timestamp.
It seems odd that the last two would be included as they are typically a given for most files.
It seems we're all guessing - not good! Hopefully the author will be along to define the criteria and explain what is inconsistent with what.
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

terrypin wrote:
MMFrLife wrote:Also, I'm not certain of this, but candidates for Multiple dates might include "Date, Original Date and Last Played" There is also Date Added and Timestamp.
It seems we're all guessing - not good! Hopefully the author will be along to define the criteria and explain what is inconsistent with what.
It's almost certainly that these tracks start with a space... look a few nodes down from "Title starts with Dubious character"... you'll see the node "Leading or trailing spaces in text field" which has 12 tracks in it.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Your quote is from MMFrLife's other post, and my reply, about the date issue. I assume you meant to quote this:
MMFrLife wrote:On the dubious character ones that look normal, in-line edit a couple to see if they start with an "empty space character".
terrypin wrote: I'll scrutinise again in the morning (this comes from iPad) but I looked very closely for that and all text seemed tightly left justified, no spaces.
--------------------
nohitter151 wrote:
It's almost certainly that these tracks start with a space... look a few nodes down from "Title starts with Dubious character"... you'll see the node "Leading or trailing spaces in text field" which has 12 tracks in it.
Nope. I did check again and confirmed that all text was left justified, with no leading spaces. And you can actually see that in my earlier screenshot anyway.

I then fiddled around for a while and also ran Duplicate Content which (after a long time) gave a zero result - whatever that means. On closing and restarting MM and re-displaying Title Starts with Dubious Character today, the earlier contradiction has now disappeared: all the 15 entries are now obviously 'dubious':

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401 ... Char-2.jpg

Out of curiosity I also looked at the six Leading or Trailing Spaces in Text field. All are trailing, not leading, and I'm sure that would have been the case in the previous exercise.

So that earlier glitch or whatever remains a mystery!
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)