Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

niggle

Re: Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Post by niggle »

Thanks for this really useful add-on. After many years of using MM, I've only just discovered this add-on, and it's already picked up all kinds of inconsistencies in my library.

In case development is ongoing, a couple of quick suggestions for future enhancement:

In the 'Persons With ...' - 'Multiple Genres (Compilation Album Artist)' node, provide the option to exclude any albums with 'Various Artists' or 'Various' strings as album artist.

In the 'Albums With ... (Album Art)' node, provide a new check for album art which (i) isn't square, (ii) which is above a specified size, or (iii) which is below a specified size. As specified in pixels.

Thanks again !!
JAnD

Post by JAnD »

I am missing
Albums with same track # (and no disc #)
Morganti

Post by Morganti »

I am getting a report from MS Security essentials that this script (downloaded from the official Ventis site) is infected with Trojan: VGB/Kalhine.A!cl and gets Quarantined.

Not sure if this is a false positive but it's worrying. Anyone at Ventis able to verify?
Camus II

Post by Camus II »

Morganti,

I checked this out and Windows Defender (Windows 8.1) unsurprisingly declares the script as containing the Trojan and quarantines it. Furthermore, on a routine virus scan, all other instances of Tagging Inconsistencies have been removed (cleaned) by Windows Defender. This is the installed script and the installer which have been on the pc since April 2015.

I believe it's a false positive. Windows Defender didn't detect anything in the installed script until the flag created by the download. MS Malware Centre first published this Trojan 29/04/2016, so it's 'new'.

I second your request for clarification on this from the website owners, especially after recent breaches.
Camus II

Post by Camus II »

I've dug out a backup of the script (same version) and restored it from quarantine to allow a scan on virustotal. It's clean with 56 providers.

See: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/245a ... 464860397/

For the time being, though, the script will still not download from MediaMonkey's Addons page when MS antivirus is in use.

Microsoft have been informed via the usual channels. I can do no more.
Camus II

Post by Camus II »

FYI - Windows Defender no longer blocks the download.
chrisjj

Tagging Inconsistencies oddity

Post by chrisjj »

Tagging Inconsistencies "albums with ... Missing tracks" is listing two albums one which a click on [+] to show the missing tracks cuases the [+] to vanish and no track IDs to appear!

Any ideas?

The offending albums are the one selected in this pic, and the one below it.

Chris
wydchr

'Tagging Inconsistencies' Problem

Post by wydchr »

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Tagging Inconsistencies version 4.0.128 with MM4 4.1.24.1883 on Windows 10, when I try to access the menu item <Albums with... (Album Art)> I get the following error:

Error #-2147418113 - SongsDB.SBdatabase
Error executing SQL "INSERT INTO TmpTagInconsCoversTra0 SELECT IDSong, IDAlbum, Album, AlbumArtist, SUBSTR(Year,1,4) Year,
SUBSTR(SUBSTR(CoverPath,0,LENGTH(CoverPath)-LENGTH(GETEXTENSION(CoverPath))),LENGTH(RTRIM(CoverPath,REPLACE(CoverPath,'\','')))+1)FileName,Songlength, COUNT() CovCnt,COUNT(CASE WHEN CoverStorage=1 THE" : SELECTs to the left and right of UNION do not have the same number of result columns (1,1)
File: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\TaggingInconsistencies.vbs, Line:2017, Column: 2

I can't remember if I have actually tried to use this item before so I can't say whether it has ever worked for me before or not. I have a song database of 50,000+ songs which is kept on a NAS device.

Checking the script doesn't offer any clues to me so any help from anyone that could point me the right direction to fix this (or tell me what I'm doing wrong?) would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I had to type out the text of the error dialogue box as adding a link to an image of it in Dropbox didn't appear to work??

cheers,
David
wydchr

Post by wydchr »

Found the reason for the error box, it turned out that my database file was corrupted somehow even though music still played? Anyway doing a full rescan of my music files resolved the 'problem' although it took 5 hours!! and now the add on works as it should.
doublepoop

Post by doublepoop »

I'm having similar problems as the last post with Tagging Inconsistencies version 4.0.128 with MM4 4.1.28.1905 on Windows 10.

When I try to access the menu item <Albums with... (Album Art)> I see the command "Creating temporary Cover table (Step 1/4)" flash, and immediately get the error #-2147418113 - SongsSDBDatabase:
Error executing SQL "INSERT INTO TmpCovers8 SELECT 101016,128421,1,'X:\musynchole\Music\R\Various\The Wired CD_Rip. Sample. Mash. Share_\folder.jpg',1,",3,'image/jpeg'UNION SELECT 101019,128422,1,'X:\musynchole\Music\R\Various\The Wired CD_Rip. Sample. Mash. Share_\folder.jpg',1,",3,'image/jpeg'UNION SELECT 1010":near "Wave":syntax error (1,1)
File:"C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\TaggingInconsistncies.vbs", Line: 2015,Column: 24
The alert has only an acknowledge button, and the result is that this menu item does not load at all. I received similar errors prior to this one, but I was able to get past by removing and re-adding the artwork of the "offending" albums. However, there are no existing files from that location in my library matching this error, and there is no folder path with that name in my directory at all. These tracks are in my library under a different path. I have removed these existing tracks, add/rescanned the entire directory, quick & complete optimized the DB, re-synced tags, reinstalled the add-on, and attempted to recreate this folder structure with a folder.jpg file, all to no avail.

The <Albums with... (Others)> and other menu items appear to function without a hitch. This is my first time using the add on, and I think it's just what I need to tend my library. If I could get it to work fully. Not sure what to do next. Your brain will be much appreciated!

Thanks and take care,
JB
doublepoop

Post by doublepoop »

Success! After browsing other database issues in the forum, my working solution is as follows:

1. Launch MM to generate / note any new errors accessing the menu;
2. Close MM and wait for it to release MM.DB;
3. Connect to MM.DB with a database editor (I used open source SQLite Studio);
4. Delete from the Covers table those trouble-causing entries;
5. Disconnect from the database and wait for it to be released;
6. Repeat Steps 1-5 until there are no additional errors generated;
7. Uninstall TI, restart MM, and reinstall TI

Good luck, everyone!

JB
Last edited by doublepoop on Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
trecker

Post by trecker »

this may have been answered but with 67+ pages...well hard to find.
Question: on e node is, same disk# & track#. I have a 1 indication of this but i cannot see where the problem is. what am i looking for? and where?
husker

Post by husker »

Is this compatible with MM 5?
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Trecker, I do not think so.

See https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... istencies/ and click on version history / details.

The approach I have used is to have a MMW4 copy of my files (D:\...\Music\...) and run various add-ons (including Tagging Inconsistencies, Lyricator, etc. ).

Install MMW5 as an upgrade to MMW4 so that it "copies" most of the settings from MMW4 to MMW5.

"Point" MMW5 to a copy / clone of the MMW4 files e.g. E:\Music\... This cause a few extra steps - like exporting Playlists from MM4 and importing into MMW5 but it means I have multiple backups (as the D:\...\Music\...) is backed up to the Cloud.

I can also "compare" what MMW4 has done with a specific MP3 file vs what MMW5 does!

The main thing is that I have the benefit of the best of both MMW4 and MMW5. I expect this to be the case for some time as MMW5 is fine tuned and add-ons are migrated from MMW4.
Ian Taylor