Cross-fade or Gapless

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

diviv9

Cross-fade or Gapless

Post by diviv9 »

Does anyone know how to change or adjust the time period between tracks?

I would like to have the time between tracks to be cross-fade or gapless. Before I switched to MM I used Media Jukebox v8 and it had several options to adjust this.

Some CDs, like the Beatles Love album, has one song fade into the next and when there is a gap between songs it sorta messes up the feel of the album.

Thanks for in help in advance.
Washington State, USA
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

try the FAQ on the main MM support web page.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

diviv9

Post by diviv9 »

Thanks guys, MM rocks!!
Washington State, USA
Tymi

Cross-fade

Post by Tymi »

Hi,

I just downloaded a new version of MediaMonkey and I don't know how to switch off cross-fade.

I followed both links above I have nothing about it.

Please help, I find this cross-fade very annoying:)

Thanks
Tymi
Tymi

Found it

Post by Tymi »

Hi,

I found it. It's in Play top menu as "Crossfade".

Thanks
Tymi

Post by Guest »

where is it?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

I presume you are in need of the option to turn off crossfade and not the switch.

the crossfade option is on the options panel when you configure the options for the mediamonkeys digital sound out put plug in. you find it on the main options panel under output plugins.

select that then click the configure button. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

ahhhh, blessed silence!

thanks dude...

stupid to hide it like that though... especially if its never mentioned anywhere...

:-?

well, good day everyone
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Anonymous wrote:ahhhh, blessed silence!

thanks dude...

stupid to hide it like that though... especially if its never mentioned anywhere...

:-?

well, good day everyone
Its available directly from the "Play" menu... not exactly hidden...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
shadowscott

Re: Found it

Post by shadowscott »

Tymi wrote:Hi,

I found it. It's in Play top menu as "Crossfade".

Thanks
Tymi
Thanks a lot dude. I used to like it, then I realized it killed the end of the tracks. Thanks a bunch.
Phil001

Re: Cross-fade or Gapless

Post by Phil001 »

Thank goodness for forums - always someone who knows more than me and has the answer - God bless you :wink:
janac

Post by janac »

thank you very much tymi

at the top, beside file, menu tools .etc you see PLAY, uncheck "crossfade"
ewedel

Post by ewedel »

Its available directly from the "Play" menu... not exactly hidden...
Actually, as a complete Media Monkey newbie I found it to be "hidden" also. Did a search of help for crossfade and all that showed up was the "Customizing MediaMonkey" page which talks about customizing filters and views. No reference to the Play menu. If not for the forum I might have uninstalled by now.

Consider this a vote for making the option more findable -- it has a major impact on listening, though I'm sure some people find it preferable. In fact, if I wasn't already familiar with the idea of crossfade, I might not have known what to search for in order to figure out how to turn it off. Not sure how many other users might be in that boat.

thanks, Eric
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I think its hard to believe you could find a more obvious spot to disable this than under the "Play" menu.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.