Recreate M3U 2.4 - Updated 25/10/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Recreate M3U 2.4 - Updated 25/10/2010

Post by trixmoto »

welby wrote:I tried running it against a text list and it worked with the exception it does not like artists names that contain "&"
This works absolutely fine for me, can you give me any more information?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jan_h

Post by jan_h »

Hi,
I know that I'm some years behind the latest post, but my question is: Does MM Gold now include this functionality as native function? Because that is the main function I'm looking for as I need to recreate the playlists I buils over years now from my old laptop to a new one with different folder structure.
And second question is: While trying to export my playlists to m3u format, I find this only possible 1 by 1. Is there any 'export all' functionality in MM? (Gold or free)

Besides, the plugins works very fine, with installer and dialog-box for selecting the right track if found more than 1. Thanks really a lot for this!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Scripts > Export All Playlists.
springswood

Post by springswood »

Thanks for this great script.

My hard disc with my music on it died. It was all on my iPod (classic 160GB) and I could recover the 6000+ songs with Media Monkey. But not my 50 playlists. I can with your script.

I used this method.

In MM go to the playlist on the iPod and select all tracks

Use File - Create Reports - File List (csv) to extract the data (Export M3U file had iPod filenames but none of the Artist, Title etc data)

Edit the csv file in a spreadsheet to remove filenames (with the old filenames success rates were ~30%, without 100%)

rename as .txt

Run your fab script on it

Disaster averted. Thank you.
mp3fan

Post by mp3fan »

Hi,
just found this helpful script.
1. Is there a way to keep relative path names in my m3u-playlist or check for valid path/filenames?
2. The fixed m3u-file contains a new second line "##EXTM3U". How can I prevent this?
old file:
#EXTM3U
fixed file:
#EXTM3U
##EXTM3U

mp3fan
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That second line starts with UTF-8 BOM character mark (0xEF,0xBB,0xBF) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_orde ... y_encoding
Try to rename all playlists to M3U8 and see if that helps.

NOTE: BOM Character should be the first 3 bytes of any text based file to indicate that text is UTF-8 Encoded. Problem is that it is in second line which confuses every app that handles BOM character.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mp3fan

Post by mp3fan »

Peke wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:11 pm Try to rename all playlists to M3U8 and see if that helps.
I get the same output file (UCS-2, Little Indian) , even by renaming the input file (UTF-8) to m3u8.

But more important to me is my first question, how to get relativ pathnames. Any ideas?

mp3fan
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MMW is not capable to save (UCS-2, Little Indian), M3U and M3U8 have strict format. Can you please ZIP few files and send me DL link in PM?

That needs to be changed in plugin. And tracks needs to be in folder or subfolders of playlist to point to paths like "queen\its a miracle\breakthrough.mp3" instead of "f:\music\queen\its a miracle\breakthrough.mp3"

MMW do that in sync profile.

If the problem is with existing files Only way I can think of is to use NotePad++ and do a replace on all opened documents (You can drag selection of files to notepad++ to open them all).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mp3fan

Post by mp3fan »

Hi,
@Peke: sent you the files to check my UTF problem

Maybe trixmoto can add a parameter in the script for relative/absoute filepath, like he already did in other scripts (batch m3u creator) :D

BR
mp3fan
SpirosG

Post by SpirosG »

I just want to say thank you for this amazing script.
You have saved me a ton of time with this.

Can't wait for a compatible update for MM5

Once again Thank you!!!!
Tippon

Post by Tippon »

trixmoto wrote: Fri May 18, 2007 5:03 am This is a new script which allows you to import M3U files even if the filenames in the playlist do not appear in your database. It uses a progressive searching method to try and find the same track even if it has been reorganised. This has been previously discussed here.

As per usual, the installer is available from my website. Let me know what you think! :)
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to say thank you for this script. I've just found some 20+ year old playlists and brought them back to life with your script. I've currently got a song that I'd completely forgotten about blasting through my headphones :D
Dera

Post by Dera »

Hello
Since working with Mediamonkey, I have to admit that the Recreate M3U addon is the most I use. With this I can easily start listing an annual or other top lists as a playlist in MediaMonkey. Recently I switched to MediaMonkey 5 and of course I now miss Recreate M3U a lot. Will there possibly be an addon from Recreate M3U for MediaMonkey 5? Thank you very much.
Recreate M3U is a really genius script.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@trixmoto
Congratulations on this script for MM4.
Ten out of ten stars from me.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation