Recreate M3U 2.4 - Updated 25/10/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Recreate M3U 2.1 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

This script is really designed for fixing M3U files rather than importing text files, but I might add this to my list for the next version (after the one I hope to release tomorrow). The order of the strings in the file should make no difference as the words are split up and then order by size, so the longest word is used first.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Re: Recreate M3U 2.1 [MM2+3]

Post by Owyn »

Thanks. Looking forward to testing and reviewing the new version.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
trixmoto

Re: Recreate M3U 2.2 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed LIKE in SQL commands
- Fixed same track appearing multiple times
- Fixed form is now resizable
- Fixed other field is now remembered
- Added support for unicode characters
- Added option to specify which track is selected by default
- Added option to create new tracks if none selected
- Added option to use default selected track if multiple matches
- Added option to show a summary of tracks not found
- Added option to check the library for file path first
- Added options screen when script starts
- Added update server to installation package

I wanted to add some more fuzzy logic as well, but this is going to take a lot of investigation so I've decided to leave this for a future version. :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Error in file exists tests @ 237.
Only works if "fixed" file already exists.
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

Same problem here. Can't run txt or m3u files....
Regards
SpritHansi
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

I just tried to use it. Worked on a laptop (1280x800) on just one playlist; gave the message "this playlist does not exist" (?!) on all others (they are in the same place as the first one and show in the dialog window).

On my desktop (1280x1024) the first dialog window is unreadable (the "OK" button covers half of the others, the text in options unreadable, etc.).

Apart from all this (assuming it can be fixed): can you please give an option of selecting more than one playlist at a time? (it's a necessity in a larger library).
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.3) is now available to download from my website. I've fixed the problem where playlists cannot be selected.

@Karolm - can you please send me a screenshot, it looks lovely here. Also, how would you select multiple playlists?
Karolm

Re: Recreate M3U 2.3 [MM2+3]

Post by Karolm »

Love to (send you a screenshot), actually, have one prepared - but don't know your e-mail. As for selecting many: just as you select more than one file in any window, i.e., by pressing control button or shift (for many consecutive); also, have an option to select ALL.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

My email can be found on my website, it's NOSPAMrichardpaullewisATgmailDOTcom. If the dialog will allow multiple select then I'll try to implement it in the next version.
SpritHansi

Post by SpritHansi »

It works now :-)
But I think it is a bug in this script. In my list I had this entry
T.I. & Justin Timberlake - Dead and gone
And here MM hang, and I had to kill it.
I've had the same problem if it's a / in any entry
Regards
SpritHansi
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

The 23 version indeed does work, after a fasion. I sent you a picture you asked for by e-mail.

Thanks, Karol
auburnrose55

Post by auburnrose55 »

I just tried version 2.3, it worked OK, not great, on a CSV file. The script totally missed Beautiful Day by U2, and California Girls by the Beach Boys...possibly because there was no exact match for the album listed, and too many tracks by the artist in my library? Many other matches worked even without the right album name in my library.

Trixmoto, any chance you could output the list of tracks not matched as a CSV file? That would make it easier to save the misses and try again later.

Thanks!
Muisdj

Post by Muisdj »

Hi great script!! Just installed 3 and I cant wait till it works...it does nothing now. :cry:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it works perfectly for me, so maybe you could be a little more specific?
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Works fine for me as well.

BTW, I made a minor hack to the script to make searching Album optional. Substantially reduced number of false hits when searching from list.