Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisdukes wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:32 pm I have a Magic Node that lists all of the Album Artist for my Unorganized Music folder. I want to create a filter that ignores any names that are already in my Organized Library folder. Is that possible?
Maybe you could try something like this:

Code: Select all

AlbumArtist NOT IN (SELECT AlbumArtist FROM Songs LEFT JOIN (SELECT *, CASE WHEN DriveLetter IS NOT NULL THEN SubStr('ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ', DriveLetter + 1, 1) ELSE '' END AS DriveStr FROM Medias) AS Medias2 ON Songs.IDMedia = Medias2.IDMedia WHERE <Folder> LIKE 'your_Organized_folder' || '%') 
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisdukes

Post by chrisdukes »

Thanks! It's returning everything in in the Unsorted Folder. Maybe I should have mentioned the Organized Folder and the Unorganized folders are on 2 different drives. Also, the filter that loads the Unorganized Folder is a group filter.

I think I followed the direction and I replaced your_Organized_folder with N:\Music\Artists%

FILTER:

AlbumArtist NOT IN (SELECT AlbumArtist FROM Songs LEFT JOIN (SELECT *, CASE WHEN DriveLetter IS NOT NULL THEN SubStr('ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ', DriveLetter + 1, 1) ELSE '' END AS DriveStr FROM Medias) AS Medias2 ON Songs.IDMedia = Medias2.IDMedia WHERE <Folder> LIKE 'N:\Music\Artists%' || '%')
MASK:

<Group|Name:New|Show tracks:Yes|Filter:<Path> LIKE 'V:\Reconcile\Music%'>\zAlbum Artist Test|Position:Last child|Child of:Library|MM filter:Reconcile|Filter:AlbumArtist NOT IN (SELECT AlbumArtist FROM Songs LEFT JOIN (SELECT *, CASE WHEN DriveLetter IS NOT NULL THEN SubStr('ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ', DriveLetter + 1, 1) ELSE '' END AS DriveStr FROM Medias) AS Medias2 ON Songs.IDMedia = Medias2.IDMedia WHERE <Folder> LIKE 'N:\Music\Artists%' || '%')\<Album artist>
https://soundcloud.com/chris_dukes
------------------------------------------------
MediaMonkey Gold Lifetime v4.1.31.1919
Discogs Tagger 5.8
Magic Nodes 6.0.0.29
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16GB RAM
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

You mentioned Organized and Unorganized folders first, and now you are talking about Unsorted folder, so I am a little bit confused. It would be best if you specified your real folders. Is "N:\Music\Artists" your real folder? Do you really have "Artists" in its name or you think that that should be replaced by add-on with specific artist names?

By the way, you should always end folders with "\". It will work even without it since it is followed by the '%' wildcard character, but it could lead to the incorrect results in some rare cases. Also, you ended up your folder string with the mentioned wildcard character even when I already had it in the query, i.e. you had it duplicated.

Further more, your mask has specified Filter:<Path> LIKE 'V:\Reconcile\Music%' on the group level, which apply to all Magic nodes belonging to that group, so you cannot have displayed tracks from another folders then that at all. If you can, please report since it would be a bug.

The query that I mentioned is unnecessary complicated, it could be replaced with just:

<Folder> NOT LIKE 'your_Organized_folder_with_\_on_the_end%'
It will return all tracks that are not on the specified base folder, but if you have artists with tracks on that and another folders, then it will display tracks from these another folders anyway.

If you want to get only artists that don't have tracks on the specified base folder at all, even if they have tracks on another base folders, maybe you could try this:

<Album Artist> NOT IN (SELECT Artists.Artist FROM Songs INNER JOIN ArtistsAlbums ON Songs.IDAlbum = ArtistsAlbums.IDAlbum INNER JOIN Artists ON ArtistsAlbums.IDArtist = Artists.ID LEFT JOIN (SELECT *, CASE WHEN DriveLetter IS NOT NULL THEN SubStr('ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ', DriveLetter + 1, 1) ELSE '' END AS DriveStr FROM Medias) AS Medias2 ON Songs.IDMedia = Medias2.IDMedia GROUP BY Artists.Artist HAVING Min(InStr(<Path>, 'your_Organized_folder_with_\_on_the_end')) > 0)
With this filter you should not have the wildcard character on the end of folder.

If you are still not getting what you wanted, please specify more examples with full path of files that you want and files that you don't want to get displayed. Screenshots are also recommended.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisdukes

Post by chrisdukes »

My bad. I was trying to make things simpler but I made them more complicated. I'll explain with more details and include the actual paths I'm using.

I keep all of my new and unsorted music in my Unorganized Folder (V:\Reconcile\Music)
After I fix the metadata, I move them to my Organized Folder (W:\Music)

I want to create a Magic Node that lists all of the Album Artists in my Unorganized Folder that are not already in my Organized Folder.

EXAMPLE:
If my Unorganized folder has 4 Album Artists:

Duke Ellington
John Coltrane
Miles David
Thelonious Monk
...and my Organized Folder only has 3 Album Artists:

Duke Ellington
John Coltrane
Thelonious Monk
...then I want the Magic Node to only show the tracks by Miles Davis.

Basically, I only want to see the Album Artists in the Unorganized Folder that are not already in my Organized Folder.

The Magic Node will live in a group called New with this filter: <Path> LIKE 'V:\Reconcile\Music\%'

I added the "\" per your recommendation. Also, I think the only bugs were in my description. That group filter is working as expected. :-D
Discogs Tagger 5.8
Magic Nodes 6.0.0.29
Windows 10 Pro
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

What do you get with my fist filter (<Folder> NOT LIKE ...) and what with the second one (<Album Artist> NOT IN (SELECT Artists.Artist ...)?
chrisdukes

Post by chrisdukes »

The 1st returns every track in the Unorganized Folder:

<Group|Name:New|Show tracks:Yes>\New Album Artists|Position:Last child|Child of:Library|MM filter:Reconcile|Statistic:Count(Tracks), Count(Album artist)|Filter:<Folder> NOT LIKE 'W:\Music\%'\<Album artist>
The 2nd returns every track in the Unorganized Folder with an Album Artist:

<Group|Name:New|Show tracks:Yes>\New Album Artists|Position:Last child|Child of:Library|MM filter:Reconcile|Statistic:Count(Tracks), Count(Album artist)|Filter:<Album Artist> NOT IN (SELECT Artists.Artist FROM Songs INNER JOIN ArtistsAlbums ON Songs.IDAlbum = ArtistsAlbums.IDAlbum INNER JOIN Artists ON ArtistsAlbums.IDArtist = Artists.ID LEFT JOIN (SELECT *, CASE WHEN DriveLetter IS NOT NULL THEN SubStr('ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ', DriveLetter + 1, 1) ELSE '' END AS DriveStr FROM Medias) AS Medias2 ON Songs.IDMedia = Medias2.IDMedia GROUP BY Artists.Artist HAVING Min(InStr(<Path>, 'W:\Music\')) > 0)\<Album artist>
Discogs Tagger 5.8
Magic Nodes 6.0.0.29
Windows 10 Pro
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisdukes wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:01 pm The 2nd returns every track in the Unorganized Folder with an Album Artist:
Does that Album Artist have tracks in Organized folder?
chrisdukes

Post by chrisdukes »

Yeah, those Album Artists are in the Unorganized Folder (V:\Reconcile\Music) and the Organized Folder (W:\Music). Also, I made sure the spellings are the same.
Discogs Tagger 5.8
Magic Nodes 6.0.0.29
Windows 10 Pro
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

When you say spellings, did you mean on case? Just to be sure, could you try to replace:
InStr(<Path>, 'W:\Music\')
with:
InStr(UCase(<Path>), UCase('W:\Music\'))

Also, do these Album Artists have tracks with multi-artists? You know, the artists with "; ".
chrisdukes

Post by chrisdukes »

Yeah, there are a lot of Multi-Album Artists in the Unorganized Folder and the Organized Folder.
Also, the spelling and the case are the same.

I made the replacement, but I got an error.
Screenshot: https://ibb.co/0V5wKyt

Mask:

<Album Artist> NOT IN (SELECT Artists.Artist FROM Songs INNER JOIN ArtistsAlbums ON Songs.IDAlbum = ArtistsAlbums.IDAlbum INNER JOIN Artists ON ArtistsAlbums.IDArtist = Artists.ID LEFT JOIN (SELECT *, CASE WHEN DriveLetter IS NOT NULL THEN SubStr('ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ', DriveLetter + 1, 1) ELSE '' END AS DriveStr FROM Medias) AS Medias2 ON Songs.IDMedia = Medias2.IDMedia GROUP BY Artists.Artist HAVING Min(InStr(UCase(<Path>), UCase('W:\Music\'))) > 0)
Discogs Tagger 5.8
Magic Nodes 6.0.0.29
Windows 10 Pro
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Sorry, it should be Upper instead UCase.

So, what should happen when e.g. you have one track with two multi-artists and one artist on both drives, but not another one?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Actually, forget that question about multi-artists, it is just complicating on my side again. Let say for a moment that you have tracks from single artists only. The real question is what should happen when e.g. you have one artist which has one track on both drives. Should it be displayed or not?

Are you just looking to find duplicates, i.e. the same files that are on both Organized and Unorganized folders? Did you try those nodes from Duplicates? Maybe you could e.g. customize the mask "Tracks from download folder which don't have duplicates in archive folder".
chrisdukes

Post by chrisdukes »

When I have one Album Artist which has one track on both drives, then it should not be displayed. The goal is to isolate the new and unfamiliar Album Artists that come with my new downloads.

I think I use the Album Artist field differently than most people. I use the Album Artist field for Artists that have more than one album. For example, if I buy 2 albums by the same artist, then I use the the Album Artist field. If I buy an album by an artist and I already have some of their albums, then I'll use the Album Artist field. But, if I buy an album by a new artist and that's the only album I own by that artist, then I will not use the Album Artist field. Later, every album with an Album Artist is moved to my Organized Artist Folder (W:\Music\Artists).

This also helps me group albums together If an artist has several names. For example, Ron Trent makes albums under the names Atlantis, Chuggles, or Cinematic Travels, plus he's in a bunch of bands like Batidos and SAT. Regardless of the name, Ron Trent is the Album Artist for all of these albums..

Something else that happens a lot is that I'll buy a DJ mix and every track has a different Artist and a different Album Artist. All of those Album Artist fields need to be cleared or replaced with the DJ's name.

That will be a lot we easier to do if I can isolate the new Album Artists, then I can decide to the clear the field or keep it.

My Unorganized Folder already has a Magic Node that isolates all of the Album Artists with a single album, but it doesn't exclude the names of Album Artists that are also in the Unorganized folder.

I have another Magic Node for my Unorganized Folder that isolates every Album Artist with more than one album. That one's great!
Discogs Tagger 5.8
Magic Nodes 6.0.0.29
Windows 10 Pro
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

What do you get with this:

<Album Artist> NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT Artists.Artist FROM Songs INNER JOIN ArtistsAlbums ON Songs.IDAlbum = ArtistsAlbums.IDAlbum INNER JOIN Artists ON ArtistsAlbums.IDArtist = Artists.ID LEFT JOIN (SELECT *, CASE WHEN DriveLetter IS NOT NULL THEN SubStr('ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ', DriveLetter + 1, 1) ELSE '' END AS DriveStr FROM Medias) AS Medias2 ON Songs.IDMedia = Medias2.IDMedia WHERE <Path> LIKE '<String|Caption:Organized folder|Value="W:\Music\"|ID:1>%')
chrisdukes

Post by chrisdukes »

It works! It's working perfectly. This is going to save me a lot of time.

Just so you know, when I use the Album Artist sub-node, it removes all the Album Artists that are in the Organized Folder. When I use the Multi Album Artist sub-node, it includes Album Artists from the Organized folder, but only if one of the Multi Album Artists is not in the Organized Folder, which is great for my needs.

Thanks again!
Discogs Tagger 5.8
Magic Nodes 6.0.0.29
Windows 10 Pro