Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2020.04.19 [MM3][MM4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

brianon

Re: Last.FM Node: dynamic node based on last.fm 2009.08.17 [

Post by brianon »

I've been trying to create one for several days on last.fm but it keeps telling me it cannot save changes.
jvian

Post by jvian »

I didn't think it was my place to get an api key for someone else's program. I figured Teknojnky could get his own key for it and do what he wants to with my changes. The only thing you need to do to get the DJ to a mostly working state is replace all the hashtags with an actual api key everywhere that is needed. You can just use a replace all on it.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

well i can't seem to be able to access my old api key @ http://www.last.fm/api/accounts it just keeps going back to the same page.

so basically each person will have to create their own api key, if last.fm is even still allowing them.

or else, someone will have to make public an existing key that they don't mind can be shared.
Dunnk

Post by Dunnk »

Hi,

To solve problem with changing position of artist node, I am using select node by name.

Code: Select all

'TrackTitle = Ele.ChildNodes(0).Text
'ArtistName = Ele.ChildNodes(7).ChildNodes(0).Text

TrackTitle = Ele.SelectSingleNode("name").text
ArtistName = Ele.SelectSingleNode("artist/name").text
And for tags, I am using only first tag.

Dim TagTracks, TagTracksXML, StartTimer, StatusBar, outSongList, sTag

'Split tag
    sTag = Split(inTag, Chr(59))
    logme "Fist Tag is" & sTag(0)
    inTag = sTag(0)
    logme "GetTopTracksByTag: begin with :> " & inTag
scottycope

Post by scottycope »

this is a silly question but where can I find the script code? I looked in MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto but only see LastFMNode.vbs.ini, not the script. I also turned on logging but didn't see any log files generated.

I, too, am having issues with this script now. Anyone have any tips on these questions?

Thanks,
Scott

Post by guest »

Long time mm user and I just noticed this script was not working. Someone out there shared an API key. It seems to work, passing it on

57ee3318536b23ee81d6b27e36997cde
Taliesin

Post by Taliesin »

Wow jvian thanks for hacking this to a working state! Not sure why yet but my ini file is totally empty so changes to preferences don't seem to stick. Also, need to see if I can find a way to get it to ignore Podcast files but overall back in business!
scottycope

Post by scottycope »

Hi All,

I am having difficulty finding my .vbs file to update my API key. Is there a specific location where it is located? Even dumber question - what is the file name actually called? I am only able to find LastFM_DJ.vbs but there is no line in there for API.

Can someone help me? I am really missing the last.fm auto DJ. Has there been an equivalent replacement for this or will updating the API (wherever that even is) fix it?

Thanks!
Scott
odyss3y

Post by odyss3y »

scottycope wrote:Hi All,

I am having difficulty finding my .vbs file to update my API key. Is there a specific location where it is located? Even dumber question - what is the file name actually called? I am only able to find LastFM_DJ.vbs but there is no line in there for API.

Can someone help me? I am really missing the last.fm auto DJ. Has there been an equivalent replacement for this or will updating the API (wherever that even is) fix it?

Thanks!
Scott
I figured it out. Repace your existing LastFMNode.vbs with this one:
http://pastebin.com/raw/6VcZKJnr

Then go to http://www.last.fm/api/account/create and create an API. I don't think there is any validation and I got my code instantly. The second line has the API key, copy that and replace all the ######### with that key and restart MM.
scottycope

Post by scottycope »

First off, thank you very much for responding!

I think this will be really helpful. However, i am struggling right at the start. I cannot find the LastFMNode.vbs file.

When I run a windows search, I see three of them and they all show as being in Scripts/Auto. The only location I can find with that path is here: C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

Yet when I go to that location, I don't see the .vbs file, but I do see the LastFMNode.vbs.ini file, yet nothing is in it. I do have show hidden files turned on. Is there another location I should be looking to try and find this file? Once I find that file, I can follow the rest of your instructions perfectly.

What do you think?

(and thanks again, btw!!)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

if you can't find the vbs file and the ini file is empty, it sounds like, it simply is not installed (or didn't install properly).

simply follow those steps provided above your post.

download script > put in auto folder

create api account/code > put code in the section of the vbs script file

(re)start MM.
scottycope

Post by scottycope »

Odd, but I had to uninstall MM and then reinstall. Now I see the file, have updated the file and added in my API key. I think things are peachy now.

Part of the problem is that I was running MM's Auto-DJ AND Last.FM Node at the same time. I was getting odd results. Turning off MM's auto DJ seems to have helped.

Ahhh...now I remember why I love MM so much. Thank you all very much!!!!!!!!!!!
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

Thanks guys for getting this working again. I missed it!
ImageSpoon!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Rik,
I hope you do not mind but I Updated with Bugfix made by odyss3y and re-uploaded it as http://www.happymonkeying.com/plugin.php?q=300007 That way it will have permanent state of residence.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Toreador

Post by Toreador »

I updated this code with improved options menu where you can insert the API Key.

http://pastebin.com/raw/Ufnuk3Rh