Access violation module ntdll.dll when playing "grabbed

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Guilap

Access violation module ntdll.dll when playing "grabbed

Post by Guilap »

I have some MP3 files grabbed from CD-audio by Autocatalyst software version 2.1, using variable bit rate ("normal/high" quality). When I try anyone of them in my MM 2.2.2.780 I get the error:

Access violation at address 7C910C27 in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 12866D4D

The message error adresses are the same, even for different files. All the files are reported as 0:00 length in MM. MM doesn't crashes, but doesn't play the files. All of them play pretty fine in winamp.

I'm on a WinXP SP2, Athlon 1.4 512MB machine

Any ideas?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Try to disable in_mpg123.dll plug-in in Plugins folder (e.g. change extension to .off) and copy in_mp3.dll from WinAmp's folder there. After MM restart this causes that another input plug-in is used for playback. Please report back the result (and in case it works e-mail me one of the problematic tracks).

Jiri
Guilap

Post by Guilap »

Yup, it worked! I'm sending a problematic file for you by email. Is there any problem it could happen keeping the winamp dll there?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Nope. MM Supports Winamp plugins so there will be no problem if you use them in MM.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Re: Access violation module ntdll.dll when playing "grabbed

Post by Peke »

Hi,
WOW. I didn't know that XING AudioCatalyst still works on newer versions of windows. It was a only good application that can RIP CDs in pre-MM era. I remember that it was finally released as free app in 2004 thru original developer at https://www.audiograbber.org/

Checking it now it looks like 2020 version was released with included MP3 Encoding.

Re your issue: Ntdll.dll errors are System errors especially as DISM fixed the problem. I would deeply check your HDD state for Bad sectors as for me this smells like an hardware or OS issue.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts