Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM3+]

Post by ZvezdanD »

I don't have to say anything more beside of that that I already said in the Compatibility section.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

ZvezdanD wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:46 pm I don't have to say anything more beside of that that I already said in the Compatibility section.
I'm not sure what the 'compatibility section' is.

Basically; if you are interested in porting it but only for a price, please name your price. If not, let me know, so I can move on.

Regardless; thank you for the script. It's the best and most useful MM script ever, imo.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

So, to anyone hoping this would ever be ported to MM5 by the original author. I just received a massively unfriendly, ridiculous and severely uncalled for PM by Zwezdan stating that this would never be the case.

I will see if I can port or rewrite the functionality myself in the future. I'm sure I could do it in less than the half of years of fulltime work that the original author claims. :lol:

No promises though, I'd have to learn some stuff first.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

All right, I said it will be ugly. Here is my "massively unfriendly, ridiculous and severely uncalled" PM sent to you privately, but you just wanted to make it public and dirty.
The Compatibility section is a part of the add-on's web page. You already got quoted that section by MMfrLife several posts ago, and you could get opened that web page in your default web browser if you click on the version number displayed in the top-right corner of the add-on's Options dialog box.

Please remove your last post from the forum and stop asking for MM5 port, or our conversation will go ugly. As I said recently in another thread in response to the similar request, I really don't like to talk about this subject and I am sure you don't want to hear me ranting (viewtopic.php?p=492356#p492356).

This add-on is not freeware, it is donationware. You used this add-on for years without donating a single cent for it. In fact, I didn't receive a single donation from anyone for it, although I spent more than a half year working full-time on it. And now you want from me to spend another half year of my life for what, a couple of euros from you? Would you do that if you are on my place? How much are you paid on your day job for a half year? Are you willing to pay me that amount of money?

Don't try to answer, these questions are just rhetorical.
I am waiting for your or anyone else's port of this add-on for less than a half year. It went 7 years since Ventis Media published their first version of MM5 and its API and I don't see anybody ported this or any other add-on for MM5.

By the way, you are not allowed to use my source code, nor my ideas, they are my intellectual properties. You should know that fact if you read the License agreement that you had to accept when installing this add-on.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Zvedan hat mit seinen Entwicklungen MM4 zu dem gemacht, was es letztenlich ist - ein flexibles Medienverwaltungsprogramm - ansonsten hätte VentisMedia nur eine unterdurchschnittliche Software.

Ich kann Zvedan's Frust nachvollziehen. Weder Anerkennung, noch finanzielle Vorteile, jede Menge Zeit investiert und dazu noch ungute Kommentare von diversen Usern, die bereit sind, gegen "CopyRight's" zu verstoßen.

Mein Vorschlag an VentisMedia: binden Sie Zvedan entgeltlich für Projektentwicklungen ein.
Sie werden es sicher nicht bereuen.

Google translates:
With its developments, Zvedan has made MM4 what it is in the end - a flexible media management program - otherwise VentisMedia would only have a below-average software.

I can understand Zvedan's frustration. Neither recognition, nor financial benefits, a lot of time invested and bad comments from various users who are willing to violate "CopyRight's".

My suggestion to VentisMedia: involve Zvedan for project developments against payment.
You will certainly not regret it.

Thank's
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:27 am I can understand Zvedan's frustration. Neither recognition, nor financial benefits, a lot of time invested and bad comments from various users who are willing to violate "CopyRight's"
Utter nonsense. I literally did the opposite in my comment to him: I praised him for his work and offered him financial compensation.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Sorry, but did you forget what you wrote?
You call that praising?
by Onweerwolf » 17 Feb 2022, 09:39
I'm sure I could do it in less than the half of years of fulltime work that the original author claims. :lol:
Thanks, I don't want an answer.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:07 am Sorry, but did you forget what you wrote?
You call that praising?
by Onweerwolf » 17 Feb 2022, 09:39
I'm sure I could do it in less than the half of years of fulltime work that the original author claims. :lol:
Thanks, I don't want an answer.
The praise is in the post above that, you know, the one that he responded to with "stop talking to me or I get ugly" . :roll:

Any programmer can take a look at the code and tell you that 6 months full-time work is a complete exaggeration here.

But whatever. I'm not interested in wasting any more time on people who behave like that.

I'll write the functionality I want myself.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Don't play naive as if you are insulted here. Your behaving is ugly, not mine. First of all, I didn't say "stop talking to me or I get ugly". I said "stop asking for MM5 port or our conversation will go ugly" (as it is right now because you decided to make it like that). Those two are drastically different things, you don't need to quote something that I didn't say.

Secondly, you wanted that I name price for my porting of this add-on and I gave you the answer, sending you a private message. If you didn't like my price, it was no reason to make it public and ugly like you did. But no, you just wanted to spit on my hard work publicly as it was piece of cake that you could do for a fraction of time that I needed, and even ironically laughing when saying that making me a fool.

You are now extremely rude and I will ask moderator for further actions against you.
Onweerwolf

Post by Onweerwolf »

ZvezdanD wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:13 pm Don't play naive as if you are insulted here. Your behaving is ugly, not mine. First of all, I didn't say "stop talking to me or I get ugly". I said "stop asking for MM5 port or our conversation will go ugly" (as it is right now because you decided to make it like that). Those two are drastically different things, you don't need to quote something that I didn't say.

Secondly, you wanted that I name price for my porting of this add-on and I gave you the answer, sending you a private message. If you didn't like my price, it was no reason to make it public and ugly like you did. But no, you just wanted to spit on my hard work publicly as it was piece of cake that you could do for a fraction of time that I needed, and even ironically laughing when saying that making me a fool.

You are now extremely rude and I will ask moderator for further actions against you.
My behavior is ugly? In what fantasy world do you live dude ? Read my post above again. In what way does it warrant such a grotesque response? I said you you had a great script and asked if you were interested in porting it for pay. Your response: "stop talking to me". Huh? Why? It's a completely genuine question? I've sent money to many people doing similar stuff over the years. It's just normal practice and if you're not interested in that you could have just said that and all would be fine.

I would have gladly sent you a 25 dollars donation just for the MM4 script even if you would never port it to MM5 simply because it's useful to me but now, after seeing what kind of person you are I don't feel like it anymore.

Meanwhile I've been informed that I'm not the first person you've pissed off with your bad personality. You seem to be losing more than you're gaining. Good luck with that.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I think I don't need to repeat my explanation why your behavior is ugly, you could read it in my last post. I told you on the very beginning that I don't have anything more to say. I suggested you in private that you remove your post and that we finish with this conversation before it gets ugly. But no, you just continued publicly to laugh on me, spitting on my hard work, and even being extremely rude saying that I put my script where the sun doesn't shine (moderator removed that part in the meantime). If that was not ugly behavior, I don't know what is it.

You are again putting words that I didn't say in my mouth. My response was not "stop talking to me", never. But it is obvious that you are intentionally ignoring the difference between that and what I really said.

I don't have anything from the fact that you've "sent money to many people doing similar stuff over the years". As I said in PM, you used this donationware for years without sending a single cent for it. And now you are again playing naive here as if you really would sent me "25 dollars donation just for the MM4 script even if you would never port it to MM5". Oh, please. If you wanted to do that, and if you appreciated my add-on like you claimed, how is that that for all those years in which you used it you didn't donate already?

I tried to be helpful with my add-ons and with my support in the forum for 16 years and I got many thanks for that. I even responded many times to you, right here in this thread, giving you help with the add-on. If I pissed off anybody, it was because I was pissed off already.