Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4 (2012-10-08) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

m_bojangles

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.3.2 (2010-03-21) [

Post by m_bojangles »

Did some looking around and that error message has to do with an invalid path or invalid permissions. When I went to create an .asx file on my local drive, per your request, I found the problem: The script is inserting a capital "A" at the start of the UNC Path in the destination path box. Like this:
A\\MainPC\Music\blahblahblah.asx

I manually removed the "A" and then the script ran without producing any further notifications (no errors and no confirmations).

One thing worth noting... I set the script so that the new asx will replace the old mp3, but when I refresh my search results on the song title, I see that the old mp3 is still there (and my new asx also appears). Is this to be expected?

Thanks,
-mb
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

m_bojangles wrote:The script is inserting a capital "A" at the start of the UNC Path in the destination path box.
Do you want to say that you have selected some UNC path in the File Path dialog box and the script put "A" at its start all by itself? I have no idea how you got that, but it should not happen.
m_bojangles wrote:I set the script so that the new asx will replace the old mp3, but when I refresh my search results on the song title, I see that the old mp3 is still there (and my new asx also appears). Is this to be expected?
No, it is not expected. The .asx file should replace old .mp3 file in the Library, i.e. all tags/fields should stay same, just the extension in the Path field should be modified. Are you sure that you didn't see the duplicate .mp3 file which is referenced by that .asx file? Could you post the screenshot of the Create Redirections dialog box with your settings?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

Thanks for your help on this, by the way. I've been involved with MM for 6+ years and your scripts are amazing. Here is a step-by-step of what I'm doing. Perhaps you can let me know if I'm not using the script as intended.

Scenario: I have two copies of "That's All" by Genesis. One is a FLAC that I would like to keep as the master. One is an MP3 to be replaced by the ASX.

1. Options

2. Before Processing - Here are the tracks before processing

3. Invoke Track Redirection - To start the redirection, I right-click on the FLAC and choose Track Redirection --> Create Redirections for Specified Tracks... as shown here:

4. Track Redirection Control Panel - Here is a shot of the Track Redirection panel that appears. This is exactly as the panel appears UNTOUCHED by any interaction from me. Notice the "A" at the start of the path in the "File Path" box.

5. After Processing - When I remove the "A" from the path and click on OK, there is no change to the background and no further dialog boxes. The screen appears as it does in step 2. So after processing, I re-execute my search for "That's All" by Genesis and here are the results.

The ASX is successfully created and works properly (it plays the FLAC file). The MP3 is still in the database and also still exists on disk. I can also play the MP3, which I can immediately tell is different from the FLAC due to different volume levels between the files. So for me, I need to do a 6th (and final) step of manually deleting the MP3 file.

Hope that helps. Again, thanks for your time on this.
-mb
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

m_bojangles wrote:The ASX is successfully created and works properly (it plays the FLAC file). The MP3 is still in the database and also still exists on disk. I can also play the MP3, which I can immediately tell is different from the FLAC due to different volume levels between the files. So for me, I need to do a 6th (and final) step of manually deleting the MP3 file.
Thanks so much for your detailed description with these screenshots. Unfortunately, from the screenshot of the Create Redirections dialog box I cannot see the exact Path of the suggested file. Actually, it is the extension for which I am interested. From the enabled state of the "Delete audio file stated in the File Path field..." check box control I could conclude that the extension of the suggested file is .asx. Since you claim that this is a look of the untouched dialog box, this could mean that you already had .asx file in the Library for the selected track. If the suggested file name has the .mp3 extension then you would have enabled "Delete audio file..." control and you would not need to delete .mp3 file manually. If all of this is true, i.e. you already had .asx file in the Library, then it is not strange that .mp3 file is not removed from the Library after creating redirection.

Added A in the front of the File Path could mean only that Medias table in your database file is somehow broken, i.e. you have assigned drive letter "A" for network path which is senseless to me. It could help if you send me your database file for further analysis, so I could try to reproduce this problem.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

In the File Path, the suggested extension is ASX. I am pretty sure that the ASX file did not already exist. I will try again with a set of files where I am 100% certain the ASX does not already exist. Thanks.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

m_bojangles wrote:In the File Path, the suggested extension is ASX. I am pretty sure that the ASX file did not already exist. I will try again with a set of files where I am 100% certain the ASX does not already exist. Thanks.
I am not sure why this is happening to you (nobody reported something similar), but you could try the latest update - v3.3.3 - 2011-01-15:
* Fixed: suggested redirection file in Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box for some cases;
* Fixed: some bugs introduced with MediaMonkey 4.0, e.g. LastPlayed not updated for the master track when the redirected one finishes with reproduction.
ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.3.4 (2011-01-17)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is the new release (v3.3.4) - 2011-01-17:
* Fixed: specifying playlist used for updating when add/remove redirections other then "Redirected Tracks".
larsmark

Post by larsmark »

please consider the following possible use for this script (with suggested changes)

the following songs are loaded in database,,

Code: Select all

MediaMonkey Track List

# 	Artist 	Title 	Length 	Album 	Track # 	Year 	Genre 	Rating 	Bitrate 	Media
1	David Bowie	Let's Dance	4:04	The Best of David Bowie 1980-1987	1	2005	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
2	David Bowie	Ashes To Ashes	3:34	The Singles 1969 to 1993 (disc 2)	5	1993	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
3	David Bowie	Under Pressure	4:02	The Platinum Collection (disc 3)	3	2005	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
4	David Bowie	Fashion	3:24	Best of Bowie (disc 2)	6	2002	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
5	David Bowie	Modern Love	3:54	The Platinum Collection (disc 3)	5	2002	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
6	David Bowie	China Girl	4:13	Best of Bowie	4	2002	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
7	David Bowie	Scary Monsters (& Super Creeps)	3:30	Best of Bowie (disc 2)	7	2002	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
8	David Bowie	Up The Hill Backwards	3:13	The Platinum Collection (disc 3)	8	2005	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
9	David Bowie	Alabama Song	3:48	The Platinum Collection (disc 3)	9	2005	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
10	David Bowie	Drowned Girl	2:23	The Platinum Collection (disc 3)	10	2007	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
11	David Bowie	Cat People (Putting Out Fire)	4:09	The Best of David Bowie 1980-1987	11	2005	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
12	David Bowie	This Is Not America	3:48	The Platinum Collection (disc 3)	12	2005	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
13	David Bowie	Loving The Alien	7:06	Sound + Vision (disc 3)	16	2005	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
14	David Bowie	Absolute Beginners	5:34	The Platinum Collection (disc 3)	14	1986	Rock/Pop	 	192	MUSIC
15	David Bowie	When The Wind Blows	3:31	The Best of David Bowie 1980-1987	15	2005	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
16	David Bowie	Blue Jean	3:13	Changesbowie	18	1994	Rock	 	128	MUSIC
17	David Bowie	Day-In Day-Out	4:08	The Platinum Collection (disc 3)	17	2005	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
18	David Bowie	Time Will Crawl	4:15	The Platinum Collection (disc 3)	18	1987	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
19	David Bowie	Underground	4:23	The Platinum Collection (disc 3)	19	2005	Rock	 	192	MUSIC
the monkey now know that of these 4 albums (listed in alphabetical order)
Best of Bowie
Changesbowie
Sound + Vision
The Best of David Bowie 1980-1987
The Platinum Collection
The Singles 1969 to 1993

with tracks tracks locate in a folder structure (C:\MUSIC\MASTER\<ARTIST>\<TITLE>.MP3
what if this script was able to take each file in turn and (using track 1 above as an example)
utilising the power of the create redirections for specified tracks part of this script

perform an online lookup either
A) for songs this album is on (0ver 100 for the track in this example)
B) check each album MM knows about by this artist for a listing of track

and perhaps
populate album list box with this data then user could select 1 album (or an all option)

script creates a new file structure of:
C:\MUSIC\COPY\<ARTIST>\<TITLE>.ASX

so from
C:\MUSIC\MASTER\BOWIE\\Lets Dance.MP3
to:
C:\MUSIC\MASTER\BOWIE\The Best of David Bowie 1980-1987\Lets Dance.ASX
C:\MUSIC\MASTER\BOWIE\The Platinum Collection (disc 3)\Lets Dance.ASX

im sure it would then be possible to see if album is complete then user could decide if they wish to keep incomplete albums

or working from another angle it could work backwards from album,
script could search MM for "known" albums the above sample would yeald:
Best of Bowie
Changesbowie
Sound + Vision
The Platinum Collection
The Singles 1969 to 1993
get a copy of the tracklist for albums and "find" the "tracks" that "belong" in that album using the first match in database
create redirections for album listings
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

larsmark wrote:please consider the following possible use for this script (with suggested changes)
I already explained to you (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 65#p290465) that your suggestion has not too much sense. It would be too unpractical if the add-on fill the Album dropdown list filled with over 100 albums for some track. Why would anybody want to create .asx files for over 100 albums for the same song? With selected 19 tracks that list could contain 1000 albums if selected tracks are from different Artists. Besides, with selected several tracks from different Artists, how could the add-on display them in the Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box which contains single Artist/single Album per track relation? David Bowie has several "Best of" albums (with the exact same name), there are even many official albums with the same name, but different track order or even different included tracks, e.g. The Beatles UK and US releases - for which album should the add-on get the track listing from the Internet? What is a point to create .asx files for all tracks from some album which don't have corresponding audio files which those .asx files refence? For example, you have only one "Blue Jean" audio file from the "Changesbowie" album and you want to create .asx files for the rest of the tracks from that album - to which audio files should reference those newly created .asx files? The add-on could try to find them in the database from another albums, but what if you don't have all tracks from the "Changesbowie" album (e.g. you don't have "Space Oddity" audio file in your database which could be referenced to that album)? Or what if you have "Space Oddity" audio file on two or more albums, to which one should reference that new "Space Oddity.asx" file created for the "Changesbowie" album?

You see, your requirement has a bunch of holes which cannot be easily solved. If you come with some more rational suggestion which could cover all my concerns and some even more that could appear, then I would be glad to implement it.
larsmark

Post by larsmark »

ZvezdanD wrote:please consider the following possible use for this script (with suggested changes)
I already explained to you (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 65#p290465) that your suggestion has not too much sense. It would be too unpractical if the add-on fill the Album dropdown list filled with over 100 albums for some track. Why would anybody want to create .asx files for over 100 albums for the same song?
ZvezdanD wrote: my applogises I didnt finish editing that post,
the reason I mentioned albums that MM had in its existing data base
or working from another angle it could work backwards from album,
script could search MM for "known" albums the above sample would yeald:

Best of Bowie
Changesbowie
Sound + Vision
The Platinum Collection
The Singles 1969 to 1993
was that (as I mentioned over that other thread,)
I was thinking the script might only check the albums it already knows about, hence the result from this example would be 7 albums
:oops:
sorry for the misunderstanding
With selected 19 tracks that list could contain 1000 albums if selected tracks are from different Artists. Besides, with selected several tracks from different Artists, how could the add-on display them in the Create Redirections for Specified Tracks dialog box which contains single Artist/single Album per track relation? David Bowie has several "Best of" albums (with the exact same name), there are even many official albums with the same name, but different track order or even different included tracks, e.g. The Beatles UK and US releases - for which album should the add-on get the track listing from the Internet?
why would user select multple artists?? - I don't understand
you have a point with the album naming, FYI - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_of_Bowie that would be 11 of bowies "Best of"
I have some ideas on the final result but for a start even selecting the first "instance" of a album name would be better than not at all ,
What is a point to create .asx files for all tracks from some album which don't have corresponding audio files which those .asx files refence?
there is no point - because you wouldn't create an ASX unless there was an audio file with the track name in the Master\ARTIST schema
For example, you have only one "Blue Jean" audio file from the "Changesbowie" album and you want to create .asx files for the rest of the tracks from that album - to which audio files should reference those newly created .asx files? The add-on could try to find them in the database from another albums but what if you don't have all tracks from the "Changesbowie" album(e.g. you don't have "Space Oddity" audio file in your database which could be referenced to that album)?
you wouldn't create the ASX if the script couldn't find track in the data and with the "changesbowie" example above you wou successfully create 6 ASX files (tracks 13-18 for what its worth
Or what if you have "Space Oddity" audio file on two or more albums, to which one should reference that new "Space Oddity.asx" file created for the "Changesbowie" album?
well the first one it fines would be a good start,
considering in my perfered folder structure or MUSIC\MASTER\ARTIST\TITLE-(live etc).MP3 - there would not be multiple copies of "Space Oddity" - its a mute point
incorrect redirection could be fixed by user at a later date,,
You see, your requirement has a bunch of holes which cannot be easily solved. If you come with some more rational suggestion which could cover all my concerns and some even more that could appear, then I would be glad to implement it.
I moved discussion here, as you suggested, in the hope it might spark some interest in the idea or in fact somebody might know or a script that does similar??

this script is probably overkill for this task, and the added functions ie web-lookup are probably to complicated to include in such a good script
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

larsmark wrote:my applogises I didnt finish editing that post,
You should stop such practice with editing posts. Your posts are already too long, and how can I know what you have added or modified in them? You should at least append something new on the end of the post, with added e.g. EDIT: ...
larsmark wrote:I was thinking the script might only check the albums it already knows about, hence the result from this example would be 7 albums
I don't understand. This add-on already would display 7 albums which it "knows" about David Bowie and you could choose one of them where you want to create .asx file.
larsmark wrote:why would user select multple artists??
User wouldn't select multiple artists, but user could select several tracks in the main tracklist which are from different artists before he/she opens Create Redirections dialog box. If user has duplicates for all those selected files, then this add-on would create corresponding .asx files not matter for a fact that they belong to different artists.
larsmark wrote:I have some ideas on the final result but for a start even selecting the first "instance" of a album name would be better than not at all ,
Not necessarily. Many times the first instance of the album could be inappropriate and you could waste more time cleaning the false results then creating .asx files manually one by one.
larsmark wrote:
Or what if you have "Space Oddity" audio file on two or more albums, to which one should reference that new "Space Oddity.asx" file created for the "Changesbowie" album?
well the first one it fines would be a good start,
Again, sometimes the first one could be inappropriate. What if the first one is from some Live album and you don't want live master tracks? What if the first one has low bitrate or it is bad rip from vinyl or has some another drawback?
larsmark wrote:considering in my perfered folder structure or MUSIC\MASTER\ARTIST\TITLE-(live etc).MP3
Those (version/live/instrumental/mix) variants in the Title could complicate the add-on enormously. For example, what you consider as (version) variant? If it contains what? (Mix/Remix/RMX...)? What if it is not on the end of the title, e.g. Title = "Blah-blah (live) (feat. John Doe)"? What if someone prefers another characters for variants then parentheses (), e.g. use [] instead? There is a bunch of holes just with that and better forget automation of it.

I am telling you, many times it is much faster if you create something manually then to use some automated method with wrong results.
ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.3.5 (2011-04-03)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is the new release v3.3.5 - 2011-04-03:
* Fixed: removing of tracks from playlists with "Remove Duplicates / Linked Tracks from the Tracklist / Keep Only Linked Tracks in the Tracklist" options when some playlist node is selected.
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

@ZvezdanD,

I'm getting this when I try to re-scan .asx files in MM4 (I have just uninstalled MM3 and MM4, so I'm starting with a fresh database):

Any ideas?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

fizzjob wrote:I'm getting this when I try to re-scan .asx files in MM4
Thanks for the report. There is the new release, v3.3.6 - 2011-06-03:
* Fixed: error with Add/Rescan .asx Files to the Library option [MM4].
ZvezdanD

Re: Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.3.7 (2011-06-10)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is the new release, v3.3.7 - 2011-06-10:
* Fixed: AV error when turning on the Update playlist option in the Options dialog (and probably in some another occasions) [MM4].